Building New Pc

JeepGC96ZJ

Hello all! I am new to this forum. I have been lurking here lately and finding useful info.

Building new PC.

I just bought the case today here is what I will be doing to it.

ATi 8500DV All in Wonder <--any one know how to over clock it?

P4 2.53 Processor

3 256Mb PC2100 DDR sticks

Just need to buy the ASUS P4PE MoBo...

I think it will be a nice system. My first build and I have done so much research on what to get

Also will a 350 Watt Power supply work fine for a little overclocking. I will not be doing water cool. So I know lots-o-fans will be in there. LOL

Thanks

Jeep

my old system had a 350 watt ps but if you think youre going to add lights or pelts. it would never hurt to have to many watts the less you have the harder the ps has to work if you dont think your going to be moddin a lot tho then a 350 would be enough but if you goin to be moddin i would just buy a 450. hope this helps

Well darn. A 350 PS came with the box.. It has one light in it already. BUt I will not be adding any more. Just mainly some fans to cool the CPU. I want to OC it a little bit maybe to 2.8 or 3.0 GHZ. Well see how much I can get out of it..

Jeep

Thanks man .....

nice going. but why 3 sticks of pc2100?? if money is a prob .. you might have bought 1 stick 512 PC 3200 or something.. and why 3 sticks?? :) uhm the mobo u want is "perfect".

oh give us the default settings of the radeon, so we can give some options ;)

greetz , hope your pc is going to work out great :)

The quality of the PSU as mentioned is very important. I usually get supplys that are recommended by AMD or Intel. If the voltages that the PSU is producing are not very good then it can cause random crashes and blue screens with windows.

I have just ordered myself a new PSU to upgrade my 400W, to a 550W. It is recommended by Intel and AMD, it comes with connectors for the P4 and works with AMD CPU's aswell, so I can go both ways, but I already have my AMD 2100+.

Enermax are a great company for PSU's there are others, but just look out for the AMD/Intel recommendations.

Mike

Thanks Guys I appriciate all the info.

My All in wonder Radeon 8500DV is just installed with the normal software default settings. I havent tweaked the settings yet.

A friend of mine gave me the DDR2100 memory for free. He upgraded so I took it. Cant beat free stuff! But I eventually will get the DDR2700.

Oh and dont know if you you guys have heard. The P5 will be coming out soon to range from 3.2GHZ and up. 1MB of cach, 733 MHZ FSB. Tehy will be making the Pentium smaller but will still fit the 478 pin set. I think thats right. My company had a meeting with Compaq and they were telling us all this stuff.

Windows LongHorn will be coming out to in next year or two.

Jeep