New Video Card = Load Beeps?!

Blue_cow

Just installed my new 6800 and as soon as i turn my computer on i get a long loud beep from my pc speaker. nothing on the screen, just one looonnng loud beep that doesnt stop. Any ideas?!?

Just installed my new 6800 and as soon as i turn my computer on i get a long loud beep from my pc speaker. nothing on the screen, just one looonnng loud beep that doesnt stop. Any ideas?!?

530170[/snapback]

Afaik, that means something's wrong with your ram. It did the same thing when I took out my ram so I could get my tx3 connector for the cpu in, and I turned the pc on just to make sure it was working. Check your ram.

This is where the motherboard manual comes in handy.

I would guess one loud beep is something to do with video from what you said. Unless you fiddled with other things to get the card in.

Everything installed and plugged in correctly?

Take it out and put it back in? (works wonders sometimes).

Edited by jammin

the things us computer geeks do when we freak out .. hilarous....

.. one time i didnt have my ide cable fully in my hd and i just about killed somebody ... ahh .. good times...

congrats on the new card btw... ill see it tomorrow ...

*edit* .. wtf ... everyone is upgrading their freakin comps!!! mine used to be like one of thebest in my "group" of friends.. now it isnt even close...

Edited by danyo64

danyo64

hahahahah lol sucks to be you at a lan party

lmao

just go and by an fx-57 and dfis sli board with two 7800gtx's slied with 2 gigs of paired tcccd ram . oh yeah and a full scsi array maybe 1 terabyte will due dont forget to get the 7oow psu either

danyo64

hahahahah lol sucks to be you at a lan party

lmao

just go and by an fx-57 and dfis sli board with two 7800gtx's slied with 2 gigs of paired tcccd ram . oh yeah and a full scsi array maybe 1 terabyte will due dont forget to get the 7oow psu either

530193[/snapback]

yea and dont worry, it wont cost too much, just an arm and a leg... eh, and maybe your soul lol :lol:

dude .. thats pretty much exactally what i was thinking !!! and an audigy 4 as well eh .. its only like what .. 350 .. just toss it in there.. and my comp is still pretty good .. so IT DOESNT SUCK TO BE ME AT A LAN PARTY .. HAHA ..

2 gigs.. why not like.. 4 .. OR EIGHT!!!!

Edited by danyo64

i didnt read the post before but i know long beeps at the start with no video disply means you psu cant handle it or your cards just not plugged in (i forgot a few times after removed loss cables and didnt plug it back in.)