Need A New Digital Camera

apostolics

ok my wifes b-day is comming up and i need to get her a new digital camera. she has been askin for one for the past year. i like the cannon power shots but she wants that lil sliding one i think sony makes. the one with the rollingstones guy makes the girls fall over. is that a good quality camera. i want quality she wants the style. im a nerd shes a fashion queen. any suggestions

optical over digital zoom all day long

is this a purchase to take really nice photos, or a purchase to have something cute and easy to fit in the back pocket or purse?

the Fuji S5100 is an excellent camera, but your GF might consider it ugly

First of all it is for his wife :)

Here is a suggestion. When I bought mine I found this site very helpful. He does reviews for almost all camera that are out there. I have an Olympus C755 btw. Read the review of what camera she has. He has pictures taken by the camera as well and you can compare between the cameras you choose from.

Sometimes you will see the manfacture of the lens on the box. No guarantee on that though. You can try asking the guy at Best Buy and see the cameras over there and buy it online.

I think that the fujifilm finepix fs5500's are secksay. and quite functional. Unfortunatly they are very expensive, so i dunno what your price range is but these are like 500 usd.

My dad's got one and ive got to use it a few times and it works great. Its not really the most sleek thing, it looks more like a conventional photographer's camera..

http://www.dpreview.com/news/0407/04072805...nepixs5500z.asp