Official Battlefield 2 (BF2) Discussion Thread

d3bruts1d

• Replies 254
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Jeremy

I installed 1.03, but in the top right corner it still says 1.01.x.x

Is it doing this with everyone else or did my patch screw up?

I installed 1.03, but in the top right corner it still says 1.01.x.x

Is it doing this with everyone else or did my patch screw up?

554972[/snapback]

Not sure, I think the 1.02 patch did the same thing. I'm DLing it right now, was wondering if it had any negative side effects.

:foldon:

Yep, so far no negatives with the 1.03 patch. Love my new Sniper rifle. :D Got my veteran badge on Wake Island too.

Also anyone use a gamepad to play BF2? Been thinking bout getting a J-stick so I can get some flight time. Just can't seem to get the hang of the keyboard and mouse or just keyboard. :angry:

Anyway, don't like the idea of trying to move from the k/m to the stick and back. So was thinking bout trying a game pad since the xbox version handled well. Any thoughts?

::EDIT:: Also LOVE the controll point names!!

Edited by marsx69

as far as unlockables.....the jackhammer shotgun is VERY nice for city combat....and the 12 shot heavy shotgun is AWESOME! but it takes foreeevvveeeerrr to reload. but it fires faster than the jackhammer....as fast as you can click the mouse. excellent "streetsweeper" weapon

the special ops expansion is due very soon. around the same release time of the PS2, XBOX BF2 release in november 16th. i think the spec. ops was due Nov. 20th or something. unfortunately the PS2 and XBOX online play will not be through the same games as the PC servers. otherwise it would be an awsomely huge environment.

Edited by robAP

as far as unlockables.....the jackhammer shotgun is VERY nice for city combat....and the 12 shot heavy shotgun is AWESOME! but it takes foreeevvveeeerrr to reload. but it fires faster than the jackhammer....as fast as you can click the mouse. excellent "streetsweeper" weapon

the special ops expansion is due very soon. around the same release time of the PS2, XBOX BF2 release in november 16th. i think the spec. ops was due Nov. 20th or something. unfortunately the PS2 and XBOX online play will not be through the same games as the PC servers. otherwise it would be an awsomely huge environment.

556228[/snapback]

From looking at the preview of the game for ps2 and xbox it looks like its kinda the same but a little different and problay won't have as good grathics as the computer.

THEY ARE GRAPHICS, NOT GRATHICS.

sorry bout that.  I hovent played in weeks.  I will DL the patch now.

556500[/snapback]

It's HAVENT not HOVENT.....sorry.....i..i just havent had my coffee..

the new patch also gives you the modern recreation of wake island. its really cool, as the old buildings are boarded up and theres various wreckage and old used bunkers from WW2 there....crashed planes...sunk boats....etc, its really cool.

Edited by robAP

Any1 know how i can get my video card to load up the map before i join, bc when join and go to respawn i lag really bad, but after a few minutes like 2-3 it runs smooth.

556703[/snapback]

The map does load before you join. Thats that little bar at the bottom of the screan that says loading objects, etc.

Anyhow, that lag thing happens to me every so offten. I just restart and its all good.

The one problem I seem to have lately is with Norton's worm detection. dang thing goes off everytime I hit the playnow button, like 20 times. I configured it to ignore BF2 but It still pops up. Luckily it doesn't crash BF2 or I'd really be pissed.