Newguy Alert

Revo

Hey, I found this site from my good friend MasterRex862 so I decided to join. I am about to build my first pc (I'll supply pic's when it's finished, but don't expect a good wiring job :lol: ) Anyways, I hope to have a good time at these forums :)

Hey, welcome to the OCC!

So what kind of hardware did you order? Or have you not decided yet? AMD or Intel? You'd better say AMD! :P j/k

Anyways, enjoy your stay here, and ask all the questions you like, that's why we're here!

Hey, welcome to the OCC!

So what kind of hardware did you order?  Or have you not decided yet?  AMD or Intel?  You'd better say AMD!  :P  j/k

Anyways, enjoy your stay here, and ask all the questions you like, that's why we're here!

504376[/snapback]

AMD definatley. I am still not sure what I am going to get, but I am now waning it to become OC friendly. I only have a $1,200 budget, which is kind of hard to work with, but I can do it. I've only been at these forums for a few hours and I am already learning stuff...

AMD definatley. I am still not sure what I am going to get, but I am now waning it to become OC friendly. I only have a $1,200 budget, which is kind of hard to work with, but I can do it. I've only been at these forums for a few hours and I am already learning stuff...

504381[/snapback]

You can get a pretty respectable PC for that kind of budget. If you need any help comparing parts or ideas or whatever, this is the place to be man!

You can get a pretty respectable PC for that kind of budget.  If you need any help comparing parts or ideas or whatever, this is the place to be man!

504415[/snapback]

I am thinking of getting this:

DFI Lanparty NF4U Motherboard

AMD Athlon 64 3500

1GB Corsair XMS RAM

Chaintech 6600GT (Will Upgrade later)

80GB Samsung Hard Drive

Silver Thermaltake Tsunami Case

OCZ Modstream 520Watt PSU

Thermalright Xp90 Heatsink

Artic Silver5 Thermalpaste

17" Viewsonic CRT