Ms Blast Back Again?

gravy

very weird thing i saw last night

FYI, my pc gets a clean install of xp at least once a year, its installed with an sp2 embedded disc

anyways, last night i hit shutdown, walk away, and didnt hear the familiar quietness, turned around and a small window on the screen says

"This system is shutting down. Please save all work. This shutdown was initiated by NT AUTHORITYSYSTEM Windows must now restart because the Remote Procedure Call (RPC) service terminated unexpectedly."

as seen here

http://www.blarg.com/stories/PWS28/print

with a 22 seconds left and counting down........first thought, MS Blast worm

but then i think, wait, my OS is patched from the word go, and i have always had up to date AV.......

so at 22 seconds i hit my restart button, started in safe mode, scanned the system, nothing, restart, boots up fine, runs fine, scan again, nothing, shutdown, shuts down like normal, and has ever since.....

so i wonder, is it possible i downloaded something with blast and it managed to start itself, but my AV caught it and stopped it, even though it never said so nor is there any files in quarantine????

god i know what ur talking about i cant think the name...theres command to enter if that happens..also you can change your system clock in windows and its itll change the time refelctively :D..your computer will restart in 1 year 20 secs..if u change it to 2004 lol

Guest Flashstar

Just set your comp. to restart in 3 months and sell it to some unsuspecting old man...

j/k lol

When I first got cable, and plugged it in on dell second i did, AVG detected MS Blaster worm, but it deleted it self before doing anything cause system clock was past some date or something.

so is it all good now? i got that message when i installed xfire. It was conflicting with NetLimiter, something to do with LSP's or something. I eventually formatted...even though i didnt need to!!!!!!!!!

what is the big deal about my new avatar?

504247[/snapback]

"No!!!!!" < My Sister says, She says she was a big fan of your old alvatar. She calls it "Monkey in my trousers!" and said it was real original.

By the way, to cancel that shutdown countdown just type "shutdown -a" in run or in the command prompt

Edited by silkster

"No!!!!!" < My Sister says, She says she was a big fan of your old alvatar. She calls it "Monkey in my trousers!" and said it was real original.

By the way, to cancel that shutdown countdown just type "shutdown -a" in run or in the command prompt

504382[/snapback]

I always wondered if u actualy had enough time to use the command beofre it shut down.

Ha I sometimes bother my brother sending the shutdown command remotely

"Shutdown -m \\192.168.1.x -c "Welcome to Windows" -s -t 02"

Giving him to seconds, he only has enough time to see "Welcome to Windows" and them boom, everything shutdown.