Google Earth Is Awesome

martymcfly

No, the blurry pics are the areas where they don't have high-res satellite photos yet. Give it more time.... lots more time for some of the backwood areas.

@godmode: very anonymous. How do you find your house? :P

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm pretty sure this is all the same imagery used by google maps. So don't expect anything new. although google earth does have the 3d models of major landmarks, but It seems a bit hoaky to me. a 3d gray box where a building is?

Just for comparison here's a couple screen shots. 1st is google maps at it's max zoom, 2nd is google earth at about the same zoom. you can zoom in farther, but it's essentially just a digital zoom on a camera, or like enlarging the image with a photo editor. the 3rd i just threw in. It's from the USGS's web app The National Map. I don't know what height's from, but the photo resolution is much greater then google. however it's a bit more complicated to use and it slower. Also the road overlays are't very accurate.

overall i like google maps best, it's fast, and very east to use.

dang godmode where do u live? thats too crowded for me :P

500222[/snapback]

vegas baby

@godmode: very anonymous.  How do you find your house? :P

500301[/snapback]

just put in your addresses like this : 666 hells ave. hell(city) UG (state)

They say three years, but they're wrong, it goes further back than that, the image shows a white dodge caravan that my family got rid of back '01... and its '05.

I think google earth is the coolest thing though, its freakin' awesome