What Is Your All Time Favorite!

Guest Raven65

Which would you use if it were updated.  

53 members have voted

1. 1. Which would you use if it were updated.

• Dos
    • Windows 3.1
    • Windows 95
    • Windows 98
    • Windows Me
    • Windows 2000
    • Windows Xp
    • Windows Xp 64

To me it is hard to pick just one, as each version (except ME) had aspects that I enjoyed.

DOS (as someone said) is great for the command line geeks like me. Probably the reason I enjoy Linux and Opera so much is the ability to use the keyboard for just about everything.

Windows 3.x was good because Microsoft didn't have everything built into the OS yet. The 3.x era of Windows was still just DOS. Fast, simple, and didn't rely on the registry for everything.

Windows 9x (95/98) had some nice improvement to the UI. Still didn't have everything proprietary built in.

Windows 2K improved the UI a bit more over the 9x era and added the security that made WinNT so nice.

Win XP / XP64 took 2K "up a notch". While I hate the XP themes, reliance on the registry, and the inability to uninstall MS products, the OS preformed better than 2K (for me) in daily usage and gaming.

Definitely XP, without a doubt. Had too many problems with 98se which was completely remedied when upgrading to XP (and not changing anything else).

And yeah, I just love the interface :)

Xp, mainly because it seems to be the most stable of them all. I havent rebooted my folder in about 4 months, and I dont think that would be possible with any other old microsoft OS.

Don't know why anyone would say Win2000 has a lack of support for games, XP and 2000 are both NT so any games design for XP will obviously work fine on WIN2k. My vote goes for XP Professional because XP has more support for newer devices and takes advantage of new apps desingn for XP (Windows Media 10).

Professional version for more Network options.

Edited by silkster

Don't know why anyone would say Win2000 has a lack of support for games, XP and 2000 are both NT so any games design for XP will obviously work fine on WIN2k. My vote goes for XP Professional because XP has more support for newer devices and takes advantage of new apps desingn for XP (Windows Media 10).

Professional version for more Network options.

500595[/snapback]

i think you got it backwards, any win2k games will work on XP, but NOT vice-versa necessarily. I know this for a fact; several of my games didn't work on 2k.

xp has so many more options that make it a great os i love msconfig that utility alone deserves an award i also think its more hardware friendly than the other oses

497705[/snapback]

msconfig isnt just in xp pro.....its in home, 2k, and 98 as well