Need Suggestion

I live in Las Vegas, which is in the middle of the desert. Summers get around 115 degrees F. My parents are cheap and don't use the AC. They set it at 90, but my room is next to the garage which faces west and stays around 95-100. My computer has stock cooling and the CPU idles around 45 without being overclocked. Under full load it goes around 55. It's capable of going up to 4.0 GHz with a 1066 MHz bus. I currently am keeping it stock because it gets way too hot if I overclock it. I had it maxed out at a friends house and it was nice and cool the whole time. I've been considering water cooling so I can leave it maxed out, but it's kind of expensive and it would SUCK if it leaked and ruined my whole system. I've also been looking at many heat sink and water cooling system reviews but I never really see comparisons between the two. Usually its water vs water or air vs air, not water vs air. Also, I would like to know what your guys' opinion is on the BEST thing out there for under 150 bucks. I've seen some pretty huge heatsinks with dual 120mm fans, but I don't know if that could out-perform, lets say, the Thermaltake Big Water system. Please give me suggestions, I really wanna over-clock without worrying about my CPU dying :unsure::unsure::unsure:

Hmm.... For 150, h2o is pretty tough to come by...

You could look into the following...

http://www.frozencpu.com/ex-wat-65.html

http://www.frozencpu.com/ex-wat-28.html

Also the 100 degree thing adds a whole new spin...

A small ac unit or TE module may be appropate.

http://www.frozencpu.com/scan/se=Water%20C...enu_search.html

Of course moving air around is better than stagnant air but i would really go with water since any cpu cooler with a fan will blow 90

Edited by kobalt

Get a 55 gallon steel drum (20.00) and bury in the back yard as deep as you can go to a place where they sell Lawn sprinklers wholesale - grab a real 300+gal/per hour pump (80.00 or less) + a Swifteck waterblock (45.00) - Misc parts 30.00 - under bucks - Don't have a clue how it might work in Nevada but its bound to be cooler than 90F. - Check the temps on you tap water and see how cold the underground pipes keep it - Mine is at 70F and it 90+ degrees outside. The bad part is the shovel thing :D

Edited by E Fudd

Get a 55 gallon steel drum (20.00) and bury in the back yard as deep as you can go to a place where they sell Lawn sprinklers wholesale - grab a real 300+gal/per hour pump (80.00 or less) + a Swifteck waterblock (45.00) - Misc parts 30.00  - under  bucks - Don't have a clue how it might work in Nevada but its bound to be cooler than 90F. - Check the temps on you tap water and see how cold the underground pipes keep it - Mine is at 70F and it 90+ degrees outside. The bad part is the shovel thing  :D

488098[/snapback]

Wow...that is such a complete waste of time. I could always pay some Mexicans to do it though :rolleyes:

Man, you gotta love those Mexicans...........

(sorry if I offended any Hispanic OCC members, but I appreciate the hard working Mexican people)

Man, you gotta love those Mexicans...........

(sorry if I offended any Hispanic OCC members, but I appreciate the hard working Mexican people)

488477[/snapback]

TONS of illegals in Las Vegas, but I do admin they work hard to make a living here. There are some nice hispanic guys that work at the place I eat lunch every day. They start getting my food ready before I walk in the door :D

Guest Raven65

Ya know, I wish I could remember the site but they had a small airconditioner that you could mount insidea 5.25 drive bay.

Ya know, I wish I could remember the site but they had a small airconditioner that you could mount insidea 5.25 drive bay.

488890[/snapback]

Actually they sell them at the place I work. I don't think it would do too much good though.