Nvidia Vs. ATI

mxrider623

Who's better  

61 members have voted

1. 1. Who's better

• Nvidia
    • ATI

but also the fx, and you have to say, who has the most drivers comming out? best service?

and then offcourse, i repeat, the only people that buy ati, are gamers.., people who know something from computers, the normal people just go to the store, buy a pc, and there's an nvidia inside, they wouldn't even know what ati means .. :D sorry to say, but offcourse, i hope this is only counting for europe, and hope people buy ati in the us, otherwhise there won't be something to "knok themselves out for" :D

greetz

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i think the polls settle evrything way mor Nvidia they have been around for a while and have earned the respect of being the best company just because ATI releases one killer card doesnt make them top dog their next card could be a pile of crap u just never know.

in this case I had to go with ATI because its the better choice of the moment. I dont care who makes my graphics card as long as its good. When I get my next card Ill go and compare all the cards on the market to see what is the best solution for waht I want. Cost effectivness and performance, in that order too cause Im freaking poor.

• 3 weeks later...
i think when you buy a nvidia you have less problems than a ATI

Some friends of me have ATI but they arn't happy to have one

that's because there mobo isn't capable with the card. if you buy one of the new ati's , install good drivers, you have the best system there is. prove: 3d mark 2003 (but i must say , ati paid futuremark, to make there cards be able to work better with the program), but then i say 3d mark 2001 , there was't anny money included, still ati ruled. i gues nvidia has got to do something about there cards and drivers really soon ;)

greetz

• 3 weeks later...

I've always liked ATI. My first card was a viper 330. My second card was a Rage Fury 128. My third card was a GeForce 256. My fourth card was a GeForce2 MX400 Dual Head. My fifth card was a GeForce 2 GTS. My sith card IS a Radeon 8500.

ATI driver support use to be horrible. Its not anymore.

ATI is spanking nVidia bad in the performance lap top market.

The 9700 Pro has been out how long? First reviews show the GeForce FX just marginally faster then the 9700? OUCH!!!

ATI taking the lead didn

well it's not the nvidia cards that suck, but they need to do something about there drivers, and ther manner of working. i still remeber a few months ago when all people told like: i 'm with nvidia , because they have the most drivers updates, and best service and stuff, but now the roles have turned around. think it's just a mather of time, till nvidia is back on top :)

nVidia fans stop whining!!!!!

we all know ATI's are better.

lets take for example the GeForce FX 5800 ultra and the (old?) ATI Radeon 9700.

the 9700 was released about 6-8months(i dont remember) before the geforce fx, it costs a couple hundred $ less and its performance is almost like the FX maybe 10-15% less.

and with the Catalyst 3.1 driver even less (like 5% top).

soon ATI will Release the 9800 pro, which is an improved R300.

it will be a little better than the 5800ULTRA and still costs less.

nVidia's domination is is in danger. and i tell u why. because they think that no one can run against them(their like Ferarri in F1)

but ATI has proved them wrong, now nVidia has to put a little affort to beat ATI, which i dont see happaning, i may be wrong.

but nVidia should focus on AMD chipsets.

:)

no im kiddin.... like i dont want nVidia to domonate the graphics industry... i dont ATI to do the same.... its good two have manufacturers competing, thats how the market makes progres every company tries to do the best and pushes a little harder.

if theres no danger for the compony to loose clients or money why should they put any effort.

thats all, excuse me if there are any spelling errors, my english is not that good.

im an Nvidia fan and i agree that Nvidia's new card suck a$$ and ATI is on the top now and if Nvidia doesn't pump out a good card that is not expensive, noisy, and hot they will soon become bankrupt :smack:

well not bankrupt.... but will lose a large portion of the video cards market...