I Graduated High School!

Onyks

i know alot of you have already accomplished the feat of graduating high school but i wanted to ask...

how much did you get in graduation money?

im ridiculously surprised at how much i got in graduation money and ive heard tales of people getting cars etc.

so what or how much did you get in graduation... property?

ive only gotten 8 replies out of my 26 invites but im into 4 figures atm so yea. my family is not well off or anything (part of the reason im surprised) but i just thought some of you migh like to share :)

well i graduated last year, and i got about $2000 from my open house. but 1000 of that came from my grandma who had been saving for about 2 years and i didn't know it. i have used that money for my college and boy did it sure help

I don't think I got any money! I did get some gifts though. The best gift of all was being the first person in 20 years in my family to graduate, and then go to college. It is a pretty good feeling when your parents tell you that they are proud of you.

AW CRAP! who am I kidding? WHERE"S MY MONEY MA! ;)

lol nice im at 1075 usd at the moment... like i said 8 of 26 so yea

holo said an amd64 rig would be nice which i agree but id rather get me a mazda rx-7. ill hafta work an butt ton but i think i could buy a good rx-7 before college begins. the best i can find is about 6k for a good low-mileage one worth having. id rather have an rx-8 but oh well. what dreams may come :)

yea my bro got gifts more than money he got a pretty good laptop for school.

this is also to educate those who are the eldest in the family and are not aware of graduation gifts to send out invitations to anyone and everyone you ever met! i didnt buy the invitations through school i made up a couple mock ones that looked like the school ones and got a kinkos-type store to make em up for me. saved about 80 bux and lost nothing other than the school seal but my colors are gold and purple so i wasnt worried bout that :P

Edited by Onyks

Money isn't everything ya know. btw, Onyks I would recommend you use that money you get toward's college. You are going to need it. College life is very hard and expensive. :) .........anywayz I myself for my graduation from HS back in 2002 I got a lot of money and bunches of other crap, but that is not what I remember from my senior year. I remember my last year in HS being on top of the world hanging with friends and not a care on earth but having fun. That is what your senior year and graduation is all about, not money.

When I graduated high school I probably netted $200 in etc... monies, I cant remember what I spent it on. But yeah, I just graduated college and my parents bought me a 30gb ipod photo and a bunch of accesories, so yeah, this graduation was a lot better :)

My parents threw a grad party for me that probably set them back about 5 grand and I got about 2 grand in grad money from relatives/family friends. Man, I never had so many c-notes in my wallet at one time........