Openoffic.org Or Not

scorter

Should I give Openoffice.org a try or is it not worth it does anyone know if it will delete my MS Word and stuff

It sounds interesting

????

:blink:

Yes!!!

Openoffice is very good, i only use that, i find it faster and better then m$ office. The new 2.0 beta (1.9) is also very good, i say you should give it a try. ^_^ :D

It will not delete m$ office.

OO is GREAT< same features as word, little less prettyness on the interface.  the only bad thing is the power point replacement kinda sucks....

480985[/snapback]

agreed, it wont delete ms word... but it will probably ask about file associations. i had both and even though i used open-office more i let ms word open all documents, just thought it was easier for a quick change of something in an essay.

Just go to the download section, browse down the list 'til you see the closest country to you, and download the installer. The windows version comes in a zipfile that extracts everything you'll need to run setup.

And yes, the 1.9 beta works great - huge improvements over 1.4. The load time is a little slow, but that's easy to live with...

if you still aren't finding a good download link, try here: ftp://openoffice.mirrors.pair.com/develop...tel_install.zip