Car Audio Setup Help

asus

ohms is the amount of vibration. the more ohms, the more bass a.k.a. vibration of the speaker. 4-ohm is alot of bass, 2-ohm is still alot, 1-ohm is still alot as long as u have the wattage like i do.

479342[/snapback]

dude, ohms is not the amount of vibration. Ohms, symbolized the the capital omega, is the measurement of resistance or impedance. Definitely NOT vibration! Resistance is the opposition to the flow of electrons in a material. (Impedance is basically the same but takes into account some other things) The lower the resistance, the higher the rate of flow. With a lower resistance you need less power, but conversly, can produce more. I won't get too much more technical on you here, but as long as the resistance (ohms) of the amp and the subs are matched, you'll be fine.

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

god im so confusing my words now, i was trying to figure out the word and all i could think of is vibration, GOD NOW I REMEMBER ITS RESISTANCE!! GOD FFS!!! thank you.

I still do not understand why you are saying a bigger amp is needed. Why waste the money. 600watt rms subs and 600wattx1@4ohm amp perfect match.

because if he wants 2 of 600RMS subs that would be 1200RMS, and u want around a 1000-1200x1 RMS amp to power both of them.

Edited by GuJuMaN89

Correct me if I am wrong, but could you not bridge the amp and wire the subs in series? If I am not mistaken that delivers 600watts to both subs.

479552[/snapback]

Yes, you could, but wiring subs in series double the impedance, so that must be taken into account when choosing the amp.

ok haha.. i am getting this deck..

http://www.crutchfield.com/S-O3e1p6RDhSn/c...700&I=113MP5028

and now.. i just need to know the speekers.. what BRAND.. i am thinking the Poinear ones look good.. i need 2 4in speekers, and 2 6 3/4 or 6 1/2 in speekers..

also.. the amp thing.. WOW.. lol.. i was testing some alpine and sony explodes and well, i gata say, the explodes hit much harder than the alpine, and the alpines were much more expensive.. but the explodes hit MUCH harder.. and produced much deeper, sound.. ?? idk if it was the setup but i tried them on diffrent amps and such..

i dont even understand about the amp.. if i get speekers, they will most likley be these

2 of http://www.crutchfield.com/S-O3e1p6RDhSn/c...00&I=500SWR1242

http://www.crutchfield.com/S-O3e1p6RDhSn/c...nfo&i=158XSL122

i still cant beleave how hard these things HIT.. i was really supprised because well.. they sounded MUCH better than the above alpines.. idk if its just there setup there.. but they were both in a ported box..

Thanks

I have to agree with the Sony thing. IMO Stay away. Besides they are more expensive for what you get. You can buy a cheaper amp and get the same effect.

Camero, you are right. I forgot about the ohms. Questions is can it be done with that amp. I know there is some way, but I can not remember.

Edited by Fanatic

Why? He already said he couldn't afford the best. I personally think the solo baric sounds stiff. The base does not reverb like it should. If I was specing a system for compition then maybe, but I highly doubt that that sub is close to being worth the 2-3 hundred dollars they are asking for it. I mean if you want the top end stuff then buy Cerwin-vega after all their speakers hold the world record in decible drag racing. Using less wattage and speakers.

Read some of the news articles:

http://www.cerwinvega.com/products/mobileaudio/

well.. that kicker is THE BEST.. wow.. really.. that 1 kicker out did 2 12in alpies with a kickass amp.. and a great deck.. even the kicker on the small amp was better then the 2 alpines on the best amp..

but anyway.. do component speekers need to be powered an amp.. they guy told me they DONT.. but its recomended..

thanks