The Gamer Hdd

Encrypted_God

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yea, that's what people were referring to when they said "Raptors"

I've personally got two of them in RAID 0, and it's absolutely WONDERFUL. Games load REALLY fast, along with other applications. Windows loads a lot quicker (which is good when you're overclocking since you don't want to wait forever to see if the latest speed increase is stable). It's a bit expensive, but I honestly think it's one of the best upgrades I've made to my computer recently.

Kashk5....Umm, I am not even going to respond to your remark. RE:"Yea, that's what people were referring to when they said "Raptors"." But to hint on it a little; Why would the movie "jurrasic Park" be installed on the HDD???

Man, Dude, :glare: anywaaays....

going to do more research into the Raptors. But like the specs on them. No ribbon? Ya think I can manage without it?

New and less expensive 16MB cache hard drives are now starting to become close to the performance of the Raptors. I see lots of customers picking them up like mad.

• 3 months later...
wtf?!

524110[/snapback]

my thoughts exactly. a 7200rpm drive is no match for 10k.

Raptors are indeed the best for your situation unless money is not a concern, and then you couldn't beat SCSI in raid-0.