How Much Voltage Is Safe?

I am currently working on the overclock on the system in my sig. How high can I take the vcore, before it is too much?

It's.. already too high if you ask me. The max I would put through a winchester is 1.55v .. greg and nrgs (and someone elses) winnies overclocks have slowly got less and less from >1.6v, although maybe theyre just unlucky or something. Someone else says they put 1.7v through their chips and theyve all been fine so..

well, i don't have a winchester...yet...but on my AMD64 chip with the CG core, i put up to 1.75 volts through. if I don't , i get crappy overclocks. I also use watercooling and right now, with the OC in the screen below, ig et 32C load and about 28C idle. Thoguh I am glad you posted this, now i know when i get a winnie to not go over 1.55 without caution. weird though, though my bios is set at 1.76 volts, it shows around 1.8 in cpuz though int eh screen it is at 1.76. its fluctuating

keep it under or at 1.6 on air after the second winnie i caught on :P

461716[/snapback]

Ah, forgot, confuzzed has experience with SWDS, 'Sudden Winchester Death Syndrome', at vcore >= 1.6v too :)

I was putting 1.65v in to mine for a couple of days, but after I figured that it was probly kinda.. not a sensible thing to do, I am now running at below stock volts (1.35v) with a 400MHz overclock (3000+ = 1.8GHz stock, mine's at 2.2GHz.. memory controller is crap though)

Well, it doesn't matter now. I hit the wall with this chip. I'm not stable at 2.56GHz regardless of vcore and mem timings. I'm, burning in at 2.54 now and then I will try 2.55, but I know that 2.56 won't work. Do you guys see any benefit to lowering the multi and trying to bump up the FSB, or should I just leave it where it is?

I was stable with 2.53 @ 1.65v, but when I decided to run tests again just to make sure, it froze. Now it freezes even at lower clocks. I am really frustruated. This CPU doesn't seem to like to keep an overclock. I had it passing all SuperPi tests, S&M Tester, and OCCT without a hiccup. Now I am back at stock. I don't want to start all over!

I was stable with 2.53 @ 1.65v, but when I decided to run tests again just to make sure, it froze.  Now it freezes even at lower clocks.  I am really frustruated.  This CPU doesn't seem to like to keep an overclock.  I had it passing all SuperPi tests, S&M Tester, and OCCT without a hiccup.  Now I am back at stock.  I don't want to start all over!

461854[/snapback]

Probably the voltage :P Like I said, seems to happen with > 1.6v. I thought SNDS was >1.6v too actually, not 1.7v?