How Much Voltage Is Safe?

kendellrt

from my personal experience i wouldnt do over 1.6 you can do 1.6 but anything over that on stock air seems to onlyy bring issues the first one died to 1.65v and the second one died to 1.75 volts :phear: it was a CBBID i was only trying to get 2.6GHZ :P

461876[/snapback]

I may have metioned this, but mine is CCBFD stepping. I don't know how they have done. I am not even going to try and overclock it with stock cooling. Would any of you even advise that? The stock cooler is pretty good, but not an overclocker, I didn't think.

from my personal experience i wouldnt do over 1.6 you can do 1.6 but anything over that on stock air seems to onlyy bring issues the first one died to 1.65v and the second one died to 1.75 volts :phear: it was a CBBID i was only trying to get 2.6GHZ :P

461876[/snapback]

haha.. CBBID chip TRYING to get 2.6GHz :D Mine pretty much seems to hit its wall at 3500+ speeds (2.2GHz). It's doing that will less than stock volts, but any higher and the voltage/speed ratio type thing is totally nuts! From what I remember it wouldn't even do 2.4GHz stable at 1.6v!

I may have metioned this, but mine is CCBFD stepping.  I don't know how they have done.  I am not even going to try and overclock it with stock cooling.  Would any of you even advise that?  The stock cooler is pretty good, but not an overclocker, I didn't think.

461946[/snapback]

I think they're pretty good, the week seems to play a big part though. I think the earlier week ones sucked a bit? r_target has one and he says the memory controller is a bit naff (early week I mean, not CBBFD in general).

I have had good luck with the XP-90, it was reasonably cheap too :) Buttt.. see how high you can get without any kind of voltage bump (or maybe like +0.5v). They seem to overclock pretty well :)

heh, my cbbid rocks at 2662mhz, stable on everything except occt :P Its a 3500+ though, so I can use a higher multi to keep the memory from going too high. It refuses to hold higher then about 235mhz 1:1 though. I keep it at 2550mhz occt stable, with 1.5v, but up it back to 2662 to bench 3d2k1 and other stuff that the cpu matters - I dont even bother to change my cpu overclock in 03 or 05 anymore, as the system is already heavily graphics card limited and I doubt it'll make a difference ;)

I would always stay under 1.6, preferably 1.55, if you dont want to buy another chip(I know I cant afford a new one)

on about 1.63v myself... i'd say below 1.65v on air, maybe above 1.55 injures the memory controller, who knows...

speed as per sig 24/7 stable in EVERYthing, folding, gaming, all benches, absolutely everything...

in other words, stable ;)