Xeon Help

Hey guys my brother hooked me up with a Xeon Processor 2.8ghz 533mhz 512kb L2 Cache 604-pin. I want to build a new comp with this. Im not familiar with the XEON cpus but I was looking on newegg and they dont seem to have any mobos that are made for 1 xeon. They all seem to be dual. Does anyone know of a mobo I can use with this one Xeon? Thanks!

If you are really considering building a system around that Xeon CPU then prepared to pay a LOT of money. Here is what I can think of off the top of my head:

1) Dual CPU mobo from Supermicro, Tyan, or Intel for $200+

2) ECC Registered Ram, more expensive compared to regular DDR

3) EPS12v SSI Server PSU for at least $80-100+

asus PC-DL. i875 chipset. just a dual socket 604 version of the P4C800-E. uses standard ram, and a standard 20 pin power supply. should save you a few hundered $$$ going with that little guy. it's also got a bios like a standard desktop motherboard... no goofy stuff that makes no sense to a first time SMP builder.

and another fact that SOME motherboards don't mention on thier sites... cpu terminators. some dual boards require a terminator in place of the second cpu... which they DON'T usually include :( they're also not generic and cost a few MORE $$$$ to add in