Which Pump For This W/c Setup?

zigen

Which pump do you think i will need for this W/C setup? (i heard i would need a powerful one, since its dual 120mm)

-Danger Den TDX Waterblock

-Danger Den Black Ice Xtreme II Dual 120mm Radiator

-Dual 5.25" Reservoir

-Pump (which one???)

this would cool:

AMD 3500+ Winchester

DFI nForce4 SLI-DR

1GB PC4400 GSKILL (LE)

etc etc

Also: this would go in an Lian Li PC-75 on the top panel for internal w/c

Edited by zigen

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

hmm, i no max head is important if you have a pretty lengthy setup, cause in mine i no i have about 5 1/2" ft of hose and a long rad, but i dont no what max pressure it is, maybe has to do with resistence, yeah..im pretty sure thats what it is, but i think 22psi is good enough, dont think ive seen any other pumps have a higher psi, hope this helps

The only reason why that pump has so much head is because its using 3/8 tubing. If it was 1/2, it would be significantly less. I suggest an L-35, since its a proven high-performer for 1/2 tubing, is cheaper than that swiftech pump, and doesnt need to be run off the powersupply, in event your PSU fails. You would have to get a relay if you want the pump to turn on and off with ur PC, but I run mine 24/7, no problems. Plus, I think it slows down algae build up (not stop, but slow down) since the water is constantly moving. Of course, that pump IS smaller, but Im sure you got room in your case since you have a double heatercore.

I was going to suggest the DD D4 pump that they have on their website. It is similiar to the one that The Wrath posted, but a little larger, and it flows a bit more, still lots of head as well. BTW DD also sells the pump The Wrath posted (as do many others, under many different names.) I like DC pumps as you don't have to worry about running a PCI relay or fumbling around with the stupid AC cord.

yeah, mines the L30 not L35, the L35 just pumps 450 gph instead of 320 gph, which honestly, 450 would probably be overkill, but still a good pump

my kit holds about one quart of water, four quarts in a gallon, which means in one hour my water gets circulated about 1280 times at 320 gph, more than enough for sure