I Have Given Up!

Just tried to put my new stick of RAM in my A64. Wasn't having any of it. I just got beeeeep *pause* beeeeep *repeat* and C1 on the port 80 display thing on the board, which means, not suprisingly, RAM error. Both sticks booted on the board seperately. No combination of slots worked.

Just now dug up my NF7, which is actually on ebay so I am hoping no one buys it now, both sticks are working just fine!!!! Trusty NF7. So, well, the whole A64 business seemed to be a complete waste of my time and money :( Dunno what to do with it now. Can't really sell parts that work cause I dunno if it's the motherboard or CPU at fault! Blergh.

• Replies 215
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Maybe try undoing the Vdimm mod?

432483[/snapback]

:withstupid: agreed! You have an Epox board right? that is the problem lol j/k. I would undo the vdimm mod. It is possible that the vdimm mod damaged your board :(

how dare you! haha... ummm ill take ur a64! :P

432481[/snapback]

Take it, please!!!!! I've had enough of it. It doesn't work properly, so I'll assume it's faulty :)

Maybe try undoing the Vdimm mod?

432483[/snapback]

Tried that :) No difference. Sucks!! I think it might be the CPU though, since it's a memory error of sorts.. I just have no way to tell. *sigh*

agreed! You have an Epox board right? that is the problem lol j/k. I would undo the vdimm mod. It is possible that the vdimm mod damaged your board

A possibility :) Although the mod itself is really very simple, and it's a 5v mosfet or whatever for the vdimm, so I think that's actually quite unlikely?