Configuring An Apache Server

That was still showing megabits.

Here's how you tell;

MB/s (MBps) = Megabytes per second

Mb/s (Mbps) Megabits per second.

Notice the capitilization for Megabytes? Same things goes for energy. There's a calorie, then there's a Calorie. A Calorie can also be expressed as a Kcal (1000 calories).

It's all in the capitilization.

EDIT: And always remember. The Philosophy behind DSL is you use Uploads much less then Downloads, so the'll have the much faster downstream speeds vs. upstream speeds. If you want better uploads, get cable. And if you're rich, get a T1 line.

that file planet thing always makes me do a double take. generally just use comon sense, if you are using some residential internet service, you won't bet getting a megabyte per second. It's possible but rare and i'm sure they ower would be so proud of if he'd let you know about it.

ive got cable through roadrunner, its about $40-$45 a month (not sure exactly what the price is) but the speed tests say 4.98 Mbit/sec. If file planet servers arent very busy, ill get 800+ kbit/sec.

I'm not sure if you know this or not.... but your download rate and your upload rate (the rate people can download FROM you) are not necessarily the same. In fact most times they are very different.

I download from the internet at 768k speeds, but when I connect to my computer remotely and download from it, I get 256k speeds. That's because my up rate is 1/3 of my down rate. This is extremely common. I'm not sure if this clears anything up for you....