Far Cry Question

nVidia_Freak

My 5700LE @ 290/436 runs Far Cry at a solid 30 fps with everything on High, at 1024x768. I mean, with a 4x AGP slot and only 6 gbps bandwidth for it, it just seems too fast for the card. Especially on Far Cry.

And also, is Far Cry ment to run in a resolution lower than 1024x768? Because anything lower for faster fps, all the graphics turn into blue fog.

To get Anti-Aliasing to look decent you have to run at 1200x1024 or higher IMO. Anything lower looks blah. Like Shadowfactor said, FC is a stout game. I've seen a few websites classify the game as a "system hog". But that was several months ago.

I run an OC'ed 9800 Pro (438/386) on FC @ 1200x1024, all options set to Very High or Ultra High, AA @ 6x, and Anisotropic Filtering set to 8 I think. It handles fairly well until I get shot by one of the monsters with a rocket launcher built into his arm. The resulting explosion bogs my system down a bit.

Keep the resolution up, but try turning a few of the graphics options down just a bit, like AA and AF. With those two off, the rocket explosions don't have as much effect on my framerates.