Is This Supposed To Be Hot For A 3.4ghz?

xRo0t

kankebi,

yes I believe my cpu is LGA775, 90 nm, 1mb L2.. does that necessarily mean my stock hsf is Socket T? if so, then I believe I should just get the LGA775 RM.. which is no more than $10 (as far as i found out)..

anyways.. I suppose CPUZ is a software to detect what socket I am on right? if so, can you link me pls to where I can find it.. i'm not lazy btw, I'm currently looking for it but just in case i got the wrong one or incase i didnt find it..

NM.. I just found it

thanks a bunch..

Edited by xRo0t

oki, cpuz shows LGA775 as I thought..

now, do i have to buy and setup the LGA775 RM before installing xp-120?

another question, does the xp-120 come with thermal paste? if so, is it better to get AS5 instead of what comes with xp-120mm.. and when installing I believe I have to remove the old thermal paste and install the new one , am i right? if so, what should I use in order to do so..

I know I asked lots of questions, sorry that.. I just wanna make sure whats happening and what I should do..

I think thats pretty much everything I need to know..

and again, thanks alot

*just wondering, wouldnt be better to use something that has copper fins and core instead of the aluminium xp-120?

Edited by xRo0t

hmm.. i'm not sure that those compatibility brands and models listed in their website are correct..

my mobo is giga-byte (GA-8I915P Duo (Pro)-A) and it wasnt listed in the thermalright compatibility chart for xp-120.. in fact, they showed few models only with few of them not being compatible..

so with little investiganing and researching online.. I cameacross a website that is mainly used to post user researches and tests on xp-120 on their mobos.. and one of them was exactly like mine with pictures posted on that website..

so is it big of a chance that xp-120 will properly install on my mobo as i suppose even thought my mobo isnt listed in thermalright.com ? or should I not take the the risk and get the xp-90 instead which works on all mobos..

Overclockersdream:

which one exactly? and does it work on P4 Socket T (LGA775)?

and is it really better than the xp-120?

thanks

Edited by xRo0t