I Just Finished My First Custom Case

You should open a company, "Fueler cases" Inc. you prabably cold begin by doing orders for interested people in the club, gathering some more knowhow (not that you need it at all) and getting faster at the process wile you are at it. then supplying some local Hi End computer shoop. who knows, if satrt seeling it together with OCC. they already got the OCC store right? anyhow, owning a private shoop, being self employed is the american dream right???

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You should open a company, "Fueler cases" Inc. you prabably cold begin by doing orders for interested people in the club, gathering some more knowhow (not that you need it at all) and getting faster at the process wile you are at it. then supplying some local Hi End computer shoop. who knows, if satrt seeling it together with OCC. they already got the OCC store right? anyhow, owning a private shoop, being self employed is the american dream right???

I agree to that. You need to inventory the parts needed to make that case and market it. Just remember us when you become rich and famous.

i don't think i really said earlier in the thread, but i'm astounded by your rig... 3 major reasons:

1) asthetics: a very understated, refined, and sexy look you got goin on

2) performance: nice healthy oc's all round

3) innovation: that wiring job is so simple yet amazing at the same time

i realise you aren't very likely to start up a business doing these since it took you the best part of half a year to make the one case, but man, i look forward to any future developments... who knows, maybe a small form factor "shuttle" type case or an HTPC...

hope you manage to sort out the camera side of things... i can believe you when you say the photos don't do your work justice...

:) nice

That is probably one of the best things I've ever seen. :O

You should really consider making some money off that wire management system.. if I could buy something like that I definatly would. If you make it so you can just plug your psu right into it without too much modding I bet big companies would jump all over that!

i've been looking at this thread for a while...but decided to comment on it

i love it...as does everyone else, it seems. i'm not necessarily a fan of plexi/acryllic cases, but man i think that totally changed my mind about 'em. i'd think wire management would be a major hassle. (trying to hide them in a CLEAR case) and i always hated the look of the bare metal of the optical drives...you can just look right into the case and see them on clear acryllic and i'm not one to actually PAINT his drives. but tinting just completely gets rid of all those hassels!

and i love the phasechange :evilgrin:

i've been looking at this thread for a while...but decided to comment on it

i love it...as does everyone else, it seems.  i'm not necessarily a fan of plexi/acryllic cases, but man i think that totally changed my mind about 'em.  i'd think wire management would be a major hassle. (trying to hide them in a CLEAR case)  and i always hated the look of the bare metal of the optical drives...you can just look right into the case and see them on clear acryllic and i'm not one to actually PAINT his drives.  but tinting just completely gets rid of all those hassels!

and i love the phasechange :evilgrin:

To tell you the truth I was'nt too thrilled with the idea of a clear plexi case either. I would have liked to have been able to do an aluminum skin but I did'nt have the equipment to do that. (a sheet metal break would be a must have piece of equipment) So the only real option I had was plexiglass. That said there was a couple of different ways I could have used the glass. The first was to go with a tinted glass but it had to be dark enough that you could not see into the case unless it was lit from the inside. Which is what I eventually did but not before giving serious consideration to painting clear plexiglass from the inside. A dark candy red looks pretty good with a 1/4" of clear on top.