Adding A Partition

Whitelightning

I want to partition my 160gig maxtor sata hard drive...but I don't want to format it..is this possible? I want the partition to be 40gig for back ups and the rest for my OS...Is there anyway to do this leaving my existing OS in tact?

Yea, i've also used Partion Magic lots of times, with no probs. However, I have to say that making backups on the same hard drive is kinda redundant. Because if your drive fails....its not like only the OS partion will fail, the whole thing will. But if you're doing it to avoid backing things up if you want to do a clean (formated) install then i understand

i think that it can be also created in the admin part... when u right click MY computer, then admin... then drives something like that, i think that there u can create partitions... i dont think, im sure, i created the G partition on this comp, using that tool

i think that it can be also created in the admin part... when u right click MY computer, then admin... then drives something like that, i think that there u can create partitions... i dont think, im sure, i created the G partition on this comp, using that tool

you're talking about disk managment. this can only be done on non-OS drives. can't change a drive unless you use partition magic. it can really F things up bad though if it's not done right. back up your data before doing this