$160 Bucks To Spend...

daniel

Well... guys i got 160 bucks to spend.. on things....

Well, my machine is suffering of overheat, i have a generic power supply,

My machine is suffering of something.. the only thing tha ti know is that it has suddent Screen shut downs and the screen goes into saving mode....

So gimme a list of things that i can get with 160 bucks that would help me fix my probs

thx

Here is a image with my machine current specs

EDIT: Some Additional Things

CPU ZONE TEMP

Idle: 41-44

Full Load: 64 and OVER

I turned 2 FAH consoles... and in about in 4 min the temp went from 42 to 65

VGA temp 71

***ALl temps are in CElcius***

sig.gif

Edited by daniel

First thing you need to do is fix that screen/computer black-out problem first. It could be alot of things that could be screwing your comp over: heat, bad oc, bad ram, bad psu, bad mobo, bad chip, etc...

Good luck.

Well, your video card's your system's weakest part. A powersupply would be a good idea too, but I'd get a different video card first. You could always get a 9600XT and a Fortron powersupply

deff a psu.. with all that power hungry crap you got.. a generic psu does not cut ti.. i suggest a themaltake pure power 420W at new egg for 39 bucks. it does me good with more power hungry stuff then you :)

Get a good heat sink fan and get those temps lower (what thermal paste are you using and how did you apply it) and as mentioned a better power supply. Is this 3.6 a presscott? Do you have good air flow through the case? What fans? How many? This could be a number of things causing this problem.

:foldon:

supporting kobalt, you should get your self a new CPU cooler and some new thermalpaste, i recommend getting your self a Thermaltake Silentboost, its about 27 dollars and soem artic silver Thermal paste for about $11.00 you can find all of these on newegg.com for cheap. that should be your main concern... video can wait, as far as the psu go with the recommended earlier Thermaltake Silent purpower 420 W, or you can pay a lil extra and get the 480 W (the one i own) either is good