Is There Something Wrong With Society?

spathalogic

Is there something wrong with society?  

49 members have voted

1. 1. Is there something wrong with society?

• Yes.
    • No.
    • On all counts.
    • Nothing at all.

i know theres many places that pay RN over 60k, maybe your mom should relocate

or become more educated and be that thing i cant remember its name..above a RN but less than a doctor..cant perscribe drugs gah name escapes me atm

trust me.. if a nurse makes that much.. they live in CALI.. but i bet you wont find a nurse paid higher then 55k a year in new york.. because the cost of living is a bit cheeper, and sometimes more expensive, so you have to take that into consideration when your talking about sallerys.. :/ alls i know.. is i am paying for college myself.. lol.. but i think nurses and teachers should be paided more.. i have 1 nurse "my mom" 2 teachers and a doctor in my familly so.. well.. ive been exposeld lol ;)

Asus are you insane?? my wife makes 90K+ in TEXAS as a RN in the ER/Trauma unit!! Is there something wrong with society?? YES LIBERALISM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!(is that a word?) :angry:

Edited by txtiggerr

Hmmm...

It is neither arrogance, or ignorance to believe that Liberalism is wrong. It is simply a philisophical fundemental difference.

It is ignorant to tell people they are arrogant for what they believe is right or wrong.

AyOkOnA or whatever, you are a conservative zealot, to even attempt to debate anything political with you is the definition of futility.

You need to stop making assumptions. I am done with you AYoKoNA; my reasons go far beyond you being a "conservative zealot." I actually have no problems with that.

You need to stop making assumptions. I am done with you AYoKoNA; my reasons go far beyond you being a "conservative zealot." I actually have no problems with that.

What assumptions did I conclude in this thread? And I am far from a conservative zealot?

Don't label me about something you know NOTHING about...

You are ASSUMING that I am a conservative zealot!

I can say this since I'm still no where near my wife's striking range :)

teachers for the most part are over paid for what they do... or shall I say DON'T do. so very many of them just dump homework on the kids and expect it to be done. that's all they care about. they want the authority to sit behind a desk and tell someone what to do.... even if it's wasting time.

I know I'm gonna hear the "no it's not true" statements... blah blah blah.

Fact 1: worked 7 years in a school district

Fact 2: wife is a teacher (1st grade)

Fact 3: mother is a teacher ( preschool if that counts)

I can tell you this change has been FAST. I noticed the change by the time I hit middle school. the teachers were slowly caring LESS about what the kids learned. less and less about behavior, respect, dress codes, ethics, morals, and the whole 9 yards. by the time I got out of HS it was even worse. and each year I worked for the school district I watched it get WORSE. I pulled up at the board office (which shared a parking lot with alternative education) one afternoon. to find some guy beating the ever loving crap out of a girl in the lot. the SUPERINTENDANT was standing on the front steps of the building with her arms crossed doing NOTHING. she suspended ME from work for calling the cops and dragging this guy off the girl (and restraining him...). I got reprimanded for calling the cops on a bunch of little skateboard punks who were WAXING the steps leading up to the office. 12 years ago these things would NOT have happened! the should NOT have happened. when I was in school all it took was the threat of punishment to calm the class down. we respected teachers. we LEARNED from most of them.

unfortunately society and it's problems don't just come from school. PARENTS... please control your children!!!! I get strange looks when I tell Katie NO in public. parents act like they've never told thier kids that. they act like it's okay to just let them run wild. I learned it from my dad. he always told me "if the school tells me you're in trouble there, you're in even bigger trouble when you get home". I tested him on that once, and it was one time too many for me. but I never got into that much trouble again (at least I didn't get caught).

I think it's messed up though that say the cast of ER, which just pretend to be doctors & nurses prolly make a hell of alot more than an actual resident in Chicago does. Same goes for that show Boston Public.. I bet they make more to pretend teachin kids than a real teacher in Boston makes. Don't kid yourself that the world revolves around the sun, there must be a big pile of ca$h out there.

I can say this since I'm still no where near my wife's striking range :)

teachers for the most part are over paid for what they do... or shall I say DON'T do. so very many of them just dump homework on the kids and expect it to be done. that's all they care about. they want the authority to sit behind a desk and tell someone what to do.... even if it's wasting time.

I know I'm gonna hear the "no it's not true" statements... blah blah blah.

Fact 1: worked 7 years in a school district

Fact 2: wife is a teacher (1st grade)

Fact 3: mother is a teacher ( preschool if that counts)

I can tell you this change has been FAST. I noticed the change by the time I hit middle school. the teachers were slowly caring LESS about what the kids learned. less and less about behavior, respect, dress codes, ethics, morals, and the whole 9 yards. by the time I got out of HS it was even worse. and each year I worked for the school district I watched it get WORSE. I pulled up at the board office (which shared a parking lot with alternative education) one afternoon. to find some guy beating the ever loving crap out of a girl in the lot. the SUPERINTENDANT was standing on the front steps of the building with her arms crossed doing NOTHING. she suspended ME from work for calling the cops and dragging this guy off the girl (and restraining him...). I got reprimanded for calling the cops on a bunch of little skateboard punks who were WAXING the steps leading up to the office. 12 years ago these things would NOT have happened! the should NOT have happened. when I was in school all it took was the threat of punishment to calm the class down. we respected teachers. we LEARNED from most of them.

unfortunately society and it's problems don't just come from school. PARENTS... please control your children!!!! I get strange looks when I tell Katie NO in public. parents act like they've never told thier kids that. they act like it's okay to just let them run wild. I learned it from my dad. he always told me "if the school tells me you're in trouble there, you're in even bigger trouble when you get home". I tested him on that once, and it was one time too many for me. but I never got into that much trouble again (at least I didn't get caught).

^ agreed

And blame, It's always somebody elses fault

when a burglar can break into someones house and get be unable to get out for 3 days can sue the homeowner for not having food in the house for him and win, there's a problem

When people sue over a fault of their own and win, there is a problem

When someone destroys property or life with something, it is somehow the fault of the manufacturer, there is a problem