Saving For A 3500+ System!

I am getting ready to start looking into some new parts for my future AMD system build in the next few months. Right now, I have decided on getting the AMD 64 3500+ Newcastle CPU. I have never built my own AMD system before and i am clueless as to which motherboard to guy. I am looking towards DFI or MSI becuase i have heard that they are number 1 for AMD performance. However, if you think there is a better board out there, please feel free to mention it. I do look to overclock my system so stability will be an issue. So far, money is not an option (wont last long after the bills start comming in hehe) so any ideas are ok for me. Thanks for the help!

Your's truely, :wub:

Newport

Socket 939 will work with both Athlon 64 and Athlon 64 FX ;)

I am proving my ignorance towards the AMD world... please dont laugh too hard hehe

Anyone else have any other ideas for a good board???

ok 3 for 3 makes me real confident about it lol... So far, i been thiking of getting the following:

AMD 3500+ Newcastle skt. 939

MSI K8N Neo 2 Platinum

512MB (for now...) Crucial Ballistix PC-3200 DDR400 RAM

I am definately gonna go for one of those cordless PSUs, a nice SATA HDD, and proly a 9800 Pro... I dont have a need for an X800 or a 6800 and i know that the 9800s will drop in price CRAP LOADS between now and when i actually buy the stuff... I am still unsure of what i will do for cooling... I really wanna venture into the W/C world (this rig will be my test bed for my new set of balls lol) so i am gonna go all out with this fekker. If and when this build happens, i will give my 3.0C to my mom becuase i am tired of her sneaking around in my private files... Cant wait till i get enough *bling bling* to get started! w00t! hehe

ok 3 for 3 makes me real confident about it lol... So far, i been thiking of getting the following:

AMD 3500+ Newcastle skt. 939

MSI K8N Neo 2 Platinum

512MB (for now...) Crucial Ballistix PC-3200 DDR400 RAM

I am definately gonna go for one of those cordless PSUs, a nice SATA HDD, and proly a 9800 Pro... I dont have a need for an X800 or a 6800 and i know that the 9800s will drop in price CRAP LOADS between now and when i actually buy the stuff... I am still unsure of what i will do for cooling... I really wanna venture into the W/C world (this rig will be my test bed for my new set of balls lol) so i am gonna go all out with this fekker. If and when this build happens, i will give my 3.0C to my mom becuase i am tired of her sneaking around in my private files... Cant wait till i get enough *bling bling* to get started! w00t! hehe

Uhh I dont wanna turn you off buying that 3500+, it is a nice CPU, but you'd get a much larger improvement if you put an X800XT or something on that 3.0c.

I'm not looking for gaming performance... I am looking for a new computer to build for myself... Its also for folding too hehe... which is another good reason i want to build a new AMD.