What To Buy (painting Materials)

how many bottles will i need for a mid tower?  Cuz if painting my case is gonna cost more than 70 bucks... i should justbuy a new case shouldnt i?

its not the point that it will cost as much as a new case...what the point should be really is that you customized your own case, and its your own style...

General, you have pics of your case up yet?

not in the case gallery. I got a thread around here with some pics tho. called Casemod = complete (something like that. It has a complete at the end)

Also im gonna be heading down myslef to pickup a can of white, 3 cans of different shaded blue and some primer. That should run me to about 40 bucks :(

First of all thx alot... I'm gonna pick up all the supplies later this week and hopefully do it this weekend. One thing I wanted to know was how long it takes for each coat to dry (just an estimate). Is this going to be a day project? or a weeklong project.

its not the point that it will cost as much as a new case...what the point should be really is that you customized your own case, and its your own style...

Well I agree it's alot nicer having a self customized case.... it's just hard to squeeze in some time to do this project.

I'll post some pics once I get started.

oh, and.... do I need "wet sandpaper"

One thing I wanted to know was how long it takes for each coat to dry (just an estimate).  Is this going to be a day project? or a weeklong project.

It depends on the paint. Enamels need a minimum dry time before recoating. If you wait more than a day to recoat the enamel it could lift if you don't leave it for like two weeks. Laquers appear to be a "recoat anytime" type of deal.

If you want to do it right (and remember, YOU have to sit and look at any mistakes you make), try and throw all your stuff in another box so you don't feel rushed.