How To Trace Ips Through Aim?

Guest Chilling_Apparition

Guest Chilling_Apparition

I need to know how to obtain the IP of an AIM user sending me IMs constantly. I'd like to know who this person is.

Could someone please tell me how I could (or they could) find out this AIM user's IP?

Also, once I have it, how do I figure out its address? I heard there was a website that does it. I have an IP tracker program but it only finds their general area (like within 20 miles, etc.)

Any help is appreciated!

good question... Im lookin for a way too but I sorta know how...

I know if you like directly connect to someone (maybe just even IMing you does it...), you can run netstat in dosprompt and it will show you like all your connections or addresses or somethin... it wont exactly say who its from, but if you're smart you might be able to figure it out...

now that I think of it, their IP should be one that says 5190 (or whatever port you're running AIM on...). you could try and figure it out that way...

as for your other question, my friend showed me a program a while back that traces IP's and all the nodes the packet sent to it has to travel from on a graphical chart... I guess you may be able to get an address from it but I dont remember the name of the program... Ill look for it sometime and try and let ya know...

but ya if anyone knows of any progs for AIM that will tell ya IP addresses and info like that we'd like to know of it... thanx...

A few things.

1) Hey chilling...bout time you got on here.

2) The program is NeoTrace, but I will do that for him, since I know this guy.

3) Netstat only works when direct connected to send AIM images.

And, a forum where I am finally kickin your . in posts! :P

Just do a "netstat -an" with no quotes in msdos.

Then send someone a file over AIM.

Then do another "netstat -an" after or while sending the file to the person.

Compare it to the first netstat you did. You will notice a new connection and that will be the persons IP.

Just make sure you don't surf the net or anything while you do this or you may see a lot of new connections.

If you know the port AIM uses to send files on, that will also help pinpointing the connection you send to.

i had to do this to sum1 who stole my sn.... if u can connect to the person go into dos and type (god i freaking forget now) its sumthing like netstats -n ... or sumthing like that. close all ur other internet progs... itll show u like 3 or 4 ips.. then disconnect and see which ip is missing, and BAM, ull have his ip.

i did it in dos with windows98, but i reckon it would work in a command prompt in xp

i think the direct connected port is 4443...

me and a friend used to pretend to swap "pics"

then nail em with sub7 =)

otherwise, at this point w/o direct connection there is NO way to trace IM IPs (thru AIM that is)

Just do a "netstat -an" with no quotes in msdos.

Then send someone a file over AIM.

Then do another "netstat -an" after or while sending the file to the person.

Compare it to the first netstat you did. You will notice a new connection and that will be the persons IP.

Just make sure you don't surf the net or anything while you do this or you may see a lot of new connections.

If you know the port AIM uses to send files on, that will also help pinpointing the connection you send to.

LOLOOLOL i didnt even notice...

great minds think alike