Plexwriter Dont Work

TimeMachine

Well I think he means it won't open at all, so he can't normally operate the drive.

If I were you I think I'd take it back and get yourself a new one. From my experiences with Plextor, there is no trick to pressing the eject button for normal operation.

The Plextor drive has a small hole in the faceplate just for times like this. ( I have a 3+ year old 12x burner of their's that still works very well on another computer). It's sort of like a manual override, for lack of a better description.

I suggest that you try this procedure before trashing the drive or anything too drastic.

ok whats happening is that the gears inside have "jumped" somehow - mabee the drive was dropped and one of the sensor gears jumped a tooth and is trying to close an already closed drive - its gadda close all the way, register the close, then it will open - try opening "My Computer" and right clicking the drive and clicking eject, if that doesnt work==== i know this sounds LOW TECH but i had several drives do that - what i did to fix it was press the eject button and while its "trying" to eject smack the front of the drive like you would smack a cat for being on the table or something - then if the drive opens/when it opens, unplug it while the drawer is out and then push the cd tray in and out real fast - it might make a stripping sound so dont to it too hard, then plug the drive back in and power up - if its still doing this then you might hafta take it apart and do some manual adjustments