New Built System Not Starting Up

I just built a FX-53 940 PIN on an ASUS SK8V. I got the ECC Registered Ram, i have everything hooked up right. But when i start it i get nothin. Nothin activates the monitor to start it up. Also my Reset Switch on the case doesn't work it won't shut down the computer when i hold it in for 5 seconds like it used too on my old board. Please any help would be great.

The fans spin there is power to the MB. I took the CPU out to see maybe if there were bent pins they are fine no bent pins perfectly straight. I have checked like a 100 times to see if the POWER SW, RESET SW, PWR LED and HDD LED are hooked up right and they are. My vid card is fine it works i tried it in another system and works fine in there.

Reset the bios, reasure a 101th time the reset switches are in correctly. Then if all else fails try the CPU in another pc. In these sorts of situations depending if you have another rig to test it in and your expertise you may want to take it to a computer shop that will cost 100$ to figure it out for you, i would never take my rig in but it depends if you have the resources to figure out the problem.

sounds like you have a compatability problem - try moving the ram to a different slot on the motherboard

make sure your harddrives and cdroms are plugged in right

if you have a floppy, make sure the floppy cable is plugged in right on the floppy's side - some floppy's you can flip the plug and hook it up wrong

what vid card do you have?? is it 2x 4x 8x ???

make sure that the pins on your monitors plug arent bent!! lots of people overlook this when they cannot get the computer to startup after building a new system

also if your graphix card supports 2 monitors, try switching which monitor port you are using