Trillian Irc + Zonealarm

snipermav

Every time I want to connect to the overclockersclub.com IRC room, I have to shut down Zonealarm, start up Trillian and connect to the room, then start up the firewall again. Am I missing some sort of setting that can prevent me from doing this?

Have you added trillian to zone alarms "trusted" zone? and in the list of programs that zone alarm has in it (the screen with the green checks and red X's) does trillian have green checks, so that it can access the internet?

Of course I did. I can use IRC just fine, but it's weird that I have to start IRC first, then Zonealarm. If I do it the other way around, IRC doesn't work. AOL, MSN, and ICQ work just fine when I start up trillian after the firewall.

okay, i was getting loads of probs with zonealarm and java and pop-ups and other similar stuff with za, but updating it helped a couple issues, while sp2 helped with some others... you willing to try sp2?

I don't think I will yet. I saw that list of programs that have compatibility issues, and right now I don't really have a great reason to go to it. I've got a great firewall, I've got DirectX9.0C, I've got Firefox so I don't need the updated IE.