I'm Going Freaking Nutz

Hailstorm

:angry: Alright. I am getting popups and ist driving me nutz. I know its not a long trip for me,so please bare with me <_< I have search and destroy, adware and some other thing. They aren't doing crap. I got something off a site and I can't get rid of this thing. I can't locate it using msconfig and the control alt delete then going through to stop programs isn't helping. Its like I am missing something. I am about ready to put a 10mm threw my PC. GRRRR> Anyone have a clue as to what I should do. I am sure its been posted before and I didn't see what I needed. Cuz I tried the fixxes. :bah:

Although Firefox is good, he did not ask what a good alternative browser is.

Get a program called HiJack This and run the scan, there is most likely a browser hijack in there. And most spyware programs cannot find the hijacks. If you don't know what to delete from the scan, post up your log here so we can take a look at it.

All right! :D Thanks guys. I posted the hijack this stuff. I saw a weird one a few lines from the top. I didn't want to delete it until I was sure. Can I delete anything that says search bar?

P.S.I have a popup blocker installed now,and its going nuts. But I hate that crap. One more thing running in the background , you no. I would like to delete the source. :angry:

yes definitely get rid of any entry that says "websearch", what pop up blocker are you using? I would recommend just Google Toolbar, or if you are on SP2 that should be sufficient.

Edited by LobbDogg

popup stopper is the blocker. I will delete those files now.

OK just did it deleted a bunch. Rebooted and they bastards came back.... Guess there is something hidden. I will go over it again.. :ph34r:

Ok, they are slowed way down. I just need to figure out if its just the random site or not. :P

Hijack this works wonders. Thanks