First Amd Ever!

timoty

85C is the internal "fry" temp for an athlon proc. Keep in mind there is about a 10C lag, (when your die shows 75C you're prob at 85C)

AMD recomends <70C

Whoever posted that their temp is 60C full load is that your mobo sensor or a probe? 60C will drasticly shorten the life of your proc.

i have a 2000+ and one summer are ac went out (this was when i didnt have my case open) and my load temps wre like 87 C or something like that. it was freakin crazy. still runs great my load temps are like 30 C or somewere around there now

Whoever posted that their temp is 60C full load is that your mobo sensor or a probe? 60C will drasticly shorten the life of your proc.

yeah, but so does OCing. Most people here don't keep cpu's for the duration of its "lifetime" anyways.

Yeah! my rig runs @ 51c with the case open .....58c+ with the case closed.....

when a computer runs cooler with the case open than it closed, that means it doesn't have adequate airflow.

I have some arctic silver on order. The guy I ordered it from said not to bother. He said the arctic Silver would only Shave 2 or 3 degrees at most off the temp. I ordered it regardless....I'm certainly hopeing for a better degrees than what he stated.