Some Jerk On Ebay!

Newport

I found this AMD 64 3800+ for sale for a starting big of 5 bucks. I placed a bid for 6.50 and every time i place a bid, this guy shows up and bids EXACTLY 1 dollar more then i bid. The thing is, is that it shows that he has only bidded ONCE and this was sometime an hour ago... How is he able to do this? Here is the link to what i am seeing...

http://offer.ebay.com/ws3/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi...item=6703506816

Thanks a bunch! I just bidded 51 bucks and i am now the high bidder. I wonder if i can snag this fekker for under 100 bucks... If i can, it looks like i will envest some bling bling on a new 64 bit baby! lol.

EDIT: i think he means that the chip is on an OEM package but a HSF is included... anywho, i want this chip lol.

He's set his max bid high. He probably has up to $50+. Try entering a higher bid and see if you get it

Yup; thats how ebay works. Lets say that guy has a bid of $80.00, then ebay will automatically bid for him up to that point. :).. I think :lol:

EDIT: also, good luck getting that for under 50 bucks. Most people on ebay play as the ninja and come in fast and hard within 30 seconds of the closing auction :). I've seen my father's items skyrocket from $50.00 to over $500.00 that way :lol:.

Yep, it's called proxy bidding. If there's an item that currently is going to $5, and I say I want to bid no more than$50, I enter in a bid of $50. Ebay will then automatically bid for me up to my maxiumum. So, in your case, I would automatically out-bid you unless you bid over $50. Make sense?