What To Do...

InvaderTrax

Alright, I need to give this truck a more aggressive look, but I'm low on cash. I was thinking some slightly larger tires (235/75-15 now, perhaps 265/75-15?). I can't afford new rims, and those aren't half bad to start. I'm also wondering about suspension. Still using the stock '89 shocks and what not (as far as I know anyway). Now, although I mostly do street driving, I don't want to lower it any or take away from it's off road ability (current height or maybe a little higher would be great). What do you think should be done? Let's say, $1000 budget

*edit* Oops, forgot to attach the picture :D

Edited by InvaderTrax

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

hmm, agression? how about changing that grille at the front to something that is a chrome effect? slightly darker window tints? the front bumper might look better with a set of bars across it, or maybe being body coloured?

just my opinions!

:withstupid::lol:

Seriously though.. some bigger tyres and a pumped up suspension would be cool. I have no idea how much stuff costs though.. replace that slightly tacky plastic bumper with something meatier.. maybe a paint job?

$1300 a year (no collision). I get 10% off from passing Driver Ed. Now, I'll pass on front bars and tint, but a bumper does sound like a good idea (never really noticed before). Paint is a definite yes. I'm actually waiting for bigred to drop in, see what he thinks (he'll probably have a good ball park for prices and all).

The bigger tires would make your speedometer read incorrectly, also make sure you have enough room for them first. If you just want wider tires get like 265/70's not 75

Edited by 360RamGuy01

needs a jack in the box antenna ball too

and if you arent gonna take it for serious off roading, dont raise it, and remember that big beefy tires wont help gas mileage much

and yeah, a front grille might look cool

Don't plan on serious off roading, but if I do go off the path and do a little exploring, I don't want to get stuck either. Anyway, to keep the speedometer correct, I can only change the width. I have to keep the 75-15 if I stay with my rims. Bigger rims mean smaller height (65-16 or 55-17, but I don't want that). My dad has some 265's and they seem like a better size

lift the back about 1/2-1inch... or cut the front springs 1/2 - 1inch...

so that the back end is higher than the front.. that will give a nice aggressive look..

also for sound.... cut some of the exhuast ;)