64 Bit, Should I Go ?

OK well im gona get a new system soon, and i am quite hesitant if i should go for 64bit or not...

Anyways, These are the two combinations i might get :

Amd Athlon XP 2500+ Barton

DFI Infinity Ultra

____

Amd Athlon 64bit 2800+

MSI K8N NEO-FSR Ms-730-020

My questions are.....Is it worth the money more? I am gona get a way better performance then with xp, also...How will programs work with 64 bit, for instance...Is it possible for some stuff to run slower or anything ?

Thanks in advance.

I agree. But try to get at least a 3200+ Newcastle core. Very good OCers. Blows that 2500+ right out of the water, which I don't recommend given that at the least you're looking at the 64's.

the 2500+ will get smashed down completely by that A64....there's not even a competition.

in a math benchmark (SuperPi 1Mil) my 2.4c at 3.0 ties with a stock A64 2800+. (48 seconds) i couldn't even imagine how much mine would get beat in a game benchmark.

Edited by airman

But don't get it, being under the impression that you are preparing for the 64-bit future. Cause by the time 64-bit becomes mainstream (Games, and programs are written to take advantage of it), the 2800+ will be an antique. Get it because it's a good processor.

I found windows XP 64-bit build 1218 more buggy than the original public release (build 1069). I was really disapointed.

Mystic is right, don't buy an A64 just because it is 64-bit.

Edited by oralpain