I Want The Sound To Be Loud

Natethegreat1313

hey im a newb at computers and right after this im going to post a thread on what would be the best system to build and i was looking on musiciansfriend.com at PA systems and i was wondering if i could hook up something like this a computer to get some really loud music. is it even possible? if so, what components would i need. thanks for helping me out

you would need a PA first, then a cable to run from the output sound of your pc ro the input of the PA, a converter would be needed also. Why built a computer for a PA system?

Do you already have a stereo or anything at your house? If you do, you can run your computer into them...you'll just need a cheapo $5 adapter or something. I can't imagine you'd need it any louder than a home theater system could produce :blink:

he may need it for a presentation or something....just PAs are really portable and i guess that's why.

well most PA's use either a mic input or a line input...and the line inputs are always 1/4" so you'd need an adapter. everything else would work, just plug it into the output of your soundcard

if you take a look at the back of an amplifier... not some crappy all-in-one cd/tape/radio/record "hi-fi" system, a REAL amp... have a look round the back and you'll see inputs for Tape1, Tape2, CD, Aux, Tuner, etc, etc... those are all LINE-LEVEL inputs... a lot of things that play music or make a sound produce a line-level output, cd players, mini-disc players, dj mixers, synthesizers, drum-machines, COMPUTERS, so it's just like hooking up any other part of a system...

and you can hook up a computer into a club/concert system by feeding the computer line-out to the mixer's line-in... i've done it before, it's as easy as plugging a wire into your computer and the other end into an amp, or a mixer...

edit: if you want your sound system loud as hell, spend your money on two amazing speakers, a subwoofer, and an amp... 5.1 is fine and dandy, but you could spend the amount you were going to on a 5.1 system on a better 2.1 system... louder, better quality...

i spent $875 on an 150W Technics amp, 200W Canon subwoofer, and two Tannoy 2-way rubber-coned speakers, and Atacama cast iron speaker stands

if i have it at anything above where 2 would be on a regular dial, i get complaints from the people i currently live with (only 3 more weeks, woohoo!).... if it's on "4" then it's rocking and you have to start speaking really loud, 5 and things in the room start shaking... 7 and it's starting to get painful, and you can feel bass through your entire body... 9 and i start to worry about permanent ear damage and my speaker cone dust covers coming off (has happened once at a party when the amp was on 10)

at 6 you can hear it down the road, like 50 metres down the road...

i dj, and i make tunes, and i pretty much listen to music all day, so i had to spend that much money on a decent system...

oh yeah, you can hook up the Tape (Play and Record) ins/outs on an amp to use your computer like a digital tape recorder ;)