New Cpu Cooler

Joost27

umm well i just got my new mobo yesterday..installed it let it run overnight just to make sure everything was woking good..ok this morning im starting to overclock it..im at 2.76GHz...my old mobo got to 3.0Ghz but ok im still going with this mobo but anyways my idle temp at stock speed is 39*C my old mobo was 30-33* idle at 3.0GHz...maybe the old mobo was acting up and reading the wrong temps but ok...i was wondering what heatsink and fan should i get for my celly??...i have stock right now so i guess anything would be better..just a few suggestions

new mobo btw is MSI 865GM2-LS in case u wanted to know

well i have a fan controller..well i found out that the reason the temps jumped was because my bios was reading my fan rpm wrong it said 3150RPM and went up and down a bit..but i hook it up to my fan cntroller the enermax system montior so it displays tjhe RPM and it was reading at 1500RPM i could tell it was slow just by the noise..so i took the fan off...and found a nice piece of dust wrapped around the fan just behind it so u couldnt notice it unless u take of the fan...i have been running my comp all day now and folding and now my max load temp at 2.8GHz is 49*C when before i removed the dust it was 59*C and idle has dropped to 35*C so its all good dont have to spend more money yet...and also the fan is spinning at 4000RPM now :)

or water cooling aqua 111

Someone wanna tell me why you'd put a $200 Water-cooling system on a $69 chip?

Get a Zalman 7000, some good case fans and a dremel and you can have about the same OC for a lot less noise/cost.

I know, I'm the minority 'round here. People seem to love sticking hundreds of dollars of watercooling on cheap-. chips. I just don't get it. Buy a better chip for crying out loud.