Linux/ Windoze Partitions

NyCUnDaGroUnD

ok I should be building my computer today cause my 2.8ghz, corsair, and chaintech card is coming in today. I have the 80gb western digital HD, im deciding on giving 50gb to windoze and 30gb to linux. What are the exact partitions i need for linux. Plz help??

I run these partionins on my boxes:

512mb / root fs

512mb /tmp temp fs

512mb /var the var fs

no less than 1024mb swap

~5gig /home home fs, your home dirs

rest to the /usr fs, where the majority of the programs resides.

• 3 months later...

I'm running windows and linux on the same hard drive, and I have about the same amount of space dedicated to each OS. I used partition magic to separate them, works very well. And one other thing, some of the hard drive goes toward a thing that comes up before the computer is loading to let you pick what OS it boots into, for me if I don't pick something it boots into linux. Good luck man.

I'm running windows and linux on the same hard drive, and I have about the same amount of space dedicated to each OS. I used partition magic to separate them, works very well. And one other thing, some of the hard drive goes toward a thing that comes up before the computer is loading to let you pick what OS it boots into, for me if I don't pick something it boots into linux. Good luck man.

The thing is called a boot loader