crap These Deals

danked

ok i found the card i wanned to buy

a bfg 6800gt oc for 400 but it was BO till aug 15

and today i was lookin a around found a deal

an x800 XT PE for 416 ...

but im still thinkn nvidia is the way to go ...

you think for the money the GT still be better ?

mvidia have turned me into a beliver with their 6800 line. i was ati all the way, but right now id say go with the gt. it beats the XT in doom3 but i donno about anything else.

personnaly i own a rad9800Pro which is broken atm, but ive used both the 6800 and the x800 series and i must say that the 6800 performance is outstanding but IMO the image quality is better on the x800s

For $416 the XT is a great deal. Go for it. Yes, the ATi cards run Doom3 slower than nVidia cards. But I get 55 FPS at 1280x1024 ultra quality, 2x AA,8xAF, so.........................Doom3 caps at 60 FPS...............The XT is wicked fast, and faster than the GT in everything except for openGL. The Ultra and Ultra Extreme are competetion for the XT.

yeah, doom is a weird animal cuz it actually uses open GL (we don't see much of that thing anymore). Nvidia has always had an edge there. however in D3D and DX games the ATI pulls ahead... but it's not like either one of them is a bad card. my only knock on the 6800 cards is the HEAT.