I Am Very Confused.....

I have recently been playing around with my fsb and got up to 2.2. Everything is now stable with my Aero 7 at full tilt. My problem is I can't get a consistant cpu and system temp. I use CPUCool and it says 44C and 27C. I use my mobo's temp utility PCAlert 4 and it says 52C and 34C. I use MBM 5 and I get the best temps ever 24C cpu and 30C system. (All temps are at idle) Am I dreaming? Which one do you guys recommend me believing? I do not need a smoke show.

I'm guessing you mean 2.2volts on the fsb. Did you do a volt mod, or are you talking about it's frequency?

No programs are completely accurate, and they all try to factor in inaccuracies differently. Don't worry about that. For a worst-case senario, look at the program which gives you the highest readings and figure that the real temp to be up to 5 degrees of that. 52C is a little high, but not for a good OC.

One thing to look for is if the programs fall more into sync if you drop your OC some, but don't worry about that unless you actually plan to drop it anyway.

Good luck, and to everyone else: if I'm wrong, please post a correction.

usually the one to trust is your motherboard software.. even though the software itself may not be the best they have the best grasp of the sensors on the board.

but you'll never know until you get a real thermal sensor in there and check out the physical readings

Almost every app that I've seen gave somewhat inaccurate readings. I've just learned to take the average and hope for the best.

Yes, the sensor on the mobo is about the closest you're going to get, so maybe you can let it fold for a few hours to get the heat up, then reboot. Immediately go into the bios and see what it says there. On most systems, that temp is real-time, so you can watch it cool down from folding.

Also, let it sit turned off for a few hours, go into the bios to get a starting temp, then see what your apps say it is. They should be close-ish to what the BIOS said. Using the load and no-load temps, figure out which one is closest on both areas, then use just that one.

IMHO, that should be your best bet with using just one app...

Yeah.. it should have set itself up ok then. Check out the motherboard list to make sure if you want.. it tells you which sensors on your board do what.

To see how accurate it is, boot up your computer and check the temp in the bios. Then check the temp mbm displays on startup, and if they are within a couple of degrees of you bios temps then its accurate.