God grrrrr Dfi

My teacher bloke at college (i'll post a picture of him because of his beard :D) said none of the BTEC people should do the A+ thing becaue it was for people like...... not doing IT stuff. I aint seen it before though so I wouldn't know!

meh. i'll do it for the hell of it anyway.

what's your project going to be on?

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My second year project? I really don't have a clue :) I'll think of that closer to the time ;)

neilbauers.jpg

That would be Neil Bauers, 1 of my 3 teachers at Sixth Form and form tutor :) How scary does he look? Nearly as scary as me :)

Edited by markiemrboo

Nononono. I just have no fans for molex connection. And also, I forgot to shut off the computer, and when I came back, it said PXE-0somenumbers Media Test Failure, check cable

what the heck? It said to insert system disk and hit Enter, so I did, and I got the same error. Why is my whole computer ****ing up?

Calm down!

Have you got another IDE cable you can try, like one off a CD drive? It could have said that if the drive had no power aswell. It basically just means it couldn't find a drive by the sounds of it :)

Did you insert a floppy disk?

Then it must be no power getting to the drive. Do you have any CD drives (please say yes :) ). Do they power up?

Well I think the message was asking you to insert a floppy disk :P or whatever is after the HDD in the boot order, that's all. Forget about that; you want your HDD working first :)

no floppy drive? did you disable the floppy controller in the BIOS? some systems will hang if the controller is enabled and no floppy is connected.....

and I forgot...you have tried other Molex connectors?

did you plug the 12v connector into the mobo?

Well if your CD drive works, perhaps steal the power and IDE cable off that and use it on your hard disk. If you hard disk still aint working after that, I guess you need a new drive!

Scary indeed :) Had to put up with him for two whole years :)

Edited by markiemrboo