Sign in to follow this  
OptikaliLLusion

God grrrrr Dfi

Ummm... That's strange. The DFI has mounting holes in the standard locations, just like every other motherboard.

Take a break from it. Once you look at something too long you can't see the obvious solution.

i actually just installed the same board... and something on the I/O plate - take all of the little metal coverings that you can off. if you leave em on the board doesn't poke through and it cause problems with the board lining up.. i forgot to take the serial port cover off my I/O plate and could not figure out why the board didn't line up..

also, everybody is right, you must be doing something wrong here... maybe if you took some pictures it'd help us. but the case should definitely have standard ATX mounting and I know the board does

>_> IT WORKED!!!11111111SHIFT+ONE!

However, the thing doesn't detect my hard drive. I tried using a seperate power cable splice (connected to FDD and HDD), but no luck. Why is this so? New HDD time?

There should be some pins on the HDD near the IDE cable/Power cable part. There should also be some kind of jumper diagram somewhere or something indicating what jumper should be on for it to be set as master.

I see the pins, but I see no jumper cap on it. Anyway to make a makeshift jumper? And I don't think there ever was a jumper cap on it, never ever ever/

correct me if I'm wrong, but if it doesn't have a jumper the drive is set to slave. Did you get that hard drive from someone else, or retail? It should have came with a jumper cap.

I'm sure I have seen a hard disk that has no jumper and is master, but I don't think it's common. You might be able to steal an unused jumper from your motherboard?