Printer/scanner Combo

Bionix

Im trying to find the best possible printer/scanner combo machine for around $220.

I dont know much about printers or scanners for that matter, but here is what I thought looked good.

http://www.newegg.com/app/viewProductDesc....-102-124&depa=0

http://www.newegg.com/app/ViewProductDesc....-103-152&depa=0

Ink Price matters too.

So does anyone have any experience with these models?

your first choice is the best.. the ink runs out a bit faster in the cannons but it is cheep.. espatally the black ink.. and dont leave the printer on with all that ink.. because the cannon "i suspect" cleans the heads every so often.. and it DRAINS the ink.. another alternitave is this hp

hp will give you WAY better image quality if thats what your looking for.. and NEVER i repeate NEVER buy an epson.. .

After having bad experience with Canon way back in 1998 (My own.. used up ink way too fast) I have never looked to anyone other than HP since. Right now I have a PSC1350v I got from CompUSA (convenience.. I know.. I'm a loyal newegg customer but this was my dad's money.) It is wonderful, has so many options at print like page order and 2-sided printing (my last printer didn't have this!!! yuck!!). I have also had bad experience with an Epson.. in 1999. (my moms.. it worked for about 25 pages.)

I have never looked to anyone other than HP since.

Right with you on that one, we had a cannon before and it died after about 4 years so we got an HP from Fry's and it works GREAT. It has software with it that measures the ink level too so you know when your gettin low before you actually run out. I don't think the software is that accurate though cause it already says I'm empty when I just installed the cartridge last week....

what do you plan on printing? how good of quality do you want. i'm using a canon multipass mp360. works great for me (printing covers for dvd's, ect.) and it's a lot cheaper

I need this for the small buisness im going to start. At first i will need to pring about 500 or so flyers, then who knows from there.... I could also use it for some school work / photos.

The HP I have is really fast and has 6 different Ink-saving modes. Mine was a little more expensive than yours but I imagine that yours will be just as fast as mine, especially since you'd probably use a faster (lower ink) print mode since they are only flyers and not presentation portfolios..

i wonder why my sig hasnt been showing up in my posts? :(

oh i figured it out.. they must have it set so that signature only shows up on someone's first post in the thread to save bandwidth/page length..?

Edited by exangel

NEVER i repeate NEVER buy an epson.. .

why I have had my epson photo stylus 700 for 3+ years and still outputs great plus really cheap ink from www.inkjetcartridge.com 6usd for a black cartridge and 7usd for a color cartridge black ushally last around 1500-2000 text pages

I would recommend my PSC1350v if you do any digital photography or use any type of flash cards because it has removable media for CF, SD, MMC, Memory Stick, SmartMedia, and xD.

That's why it cost around $200-250. I think the price has dropped significantly since I got mine.

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/documen...cname=c00033421