AMD vs. Intel

Amd64 can be used for bussiness too thats why on the amd64 box it says (industry leading)

what the heck are you talking about. Learn what something means before you make a completely ignorant post like that.

Industry leading means the performance is higher than other CPU's, not that it's for businesses <_<

From now on, if you don't know ANYTHING about what you're talking about, just be quiet, and don't post. It gets really annoying reading through all your posts, especially when they are written in something that only vaguely resembles English.

• Replies 727
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well the only thing that i can really say Intel really has AMD "beat" on it the way the socket 478 vs A HSF clips on. if your not carefull on the AMD's it's possible to have a screwdriver sticking in your motherbaord lol. That's mostly based on stock coolers. I could see lots of possible things hapenign there :(. Kinda like a friends mobo that had to be "fixed" (i havent seen it work yet) after some idiot (dont really know who bc idk who installed his HSF origionally) stabed a capacitor beside the clip. it looked kinda bad :P . i have a pic but it's REAL grainy so i wont bother to post it.

Oh well if i was handed the processors for free, certain times i would choose intel other AMD. The reason being that the both have their strengths. But since i ahve to fork over cash, as of now the A64 series would be my choice if buildign a new PC today.

what the heck are you talking about. Learn what something means before you make a completely ignorant post like that.

Industry leading means the performance is higher than other CPU's, not that it's for businesses <_<

From now on, if you don't know ANYTHING about what you're talking about, just be quiet, and don't post. It gets really annoying reading through all your posts, especially when they are written in something that only vaguely resembles English.

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol: ya worker LOL

I am not worker people can not have 2 names on the occ.

You can as long as a mod doesn't notice <_<

I read through worker's posts, and it seems the system that he was buiding is identical to fire_storm's

i bought my p-4 for under 400$

just sayin that if you want the security if havin a p4 under the hood, its not so expensivie.

----Roo

$400 hundred bucks? Good god. I bought my mobile Athlon XP 2600+ for $95 bucks and I'm getting more performance out of it OCed to 2.6Ghz than a 3.4E according to multiple benchies.

I own the one AMD system and 2 P4 systems. One is a P4 3.0E which with superior air cooling still runs hot at 3.4Ghz and the other system is a 2.4C which runs fine at 3.1Ghz.

• 2 weeks later...
i bought my p-4 for under 400$

just sayin that if you want the security if havin a p4 under the hood, its not so expensivie.

----Roo

$400 hundred bucks? Good god. I bought my mobile Athlon XP 2600+ for $95 bucks and I'm getting more performance out of it OCed to 2.6Ghz than a 3.4E according to multiple benchies

preach on brotha!

I havent read all these posts(too many to read)

but I have to go with Intel, Mainly (just my opinion) is that INTEL i think are better quality, even if you look at the physical characteristics of the chips, And I mean you gotta give intel a break too, they Do SOOOOOO many more things then AMD, i mean they make servers, MOBO's, Etc etc etc

they cant just concentrate on their Processors when they have so many other things going on,

I also like intel, because they've prolly been in the buisness longer anyways(i have no reputable evidence for this, it's mearly just a guess, maybe AMD was first im not sure?)

I mean Heck I like AMD's 64 bit is awesome and all, but Im waiting for the intel 64 bit, i have a hankering that it will be really really good

but i mean there both good, I mean amd64 bit is better than p4 EE, but It's not like the 64 bit STOMPS the crap outta it, yes amd's is better, but not by a whole lot

to me it's not worth the little numbers