AMD vs. Intel

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 727
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Most of the dies for AMD cpus are made in Dresden, Germany (FAB 30) and Texas, USA (FAB 25), wich are not exactly 3rd world countries. They are however assembled In Malaysia, but so are Intels. Not that it really matters.

Edited by oralpain

i think its safe to say amd is in lead right now and has been since the xp came out.i wonder how many 2500 bartons are out thier?the only reason intel gets so much sales is couse that all dell uses.btw dell=crap.speaking of dell the school i work for just got 150+ dell computers today. i had to bring them all in the biulding.

i think its safe to say amd is in lead right now and has been since the xp came out.i wonder how many 2500 bartons are out thier?the only reason intel gets so much sales is couse that all dell uses.btw dell=crap.speaking of dell the school i work for just got 150+ dell computers today. i had to bring them all in the biulding.

didn't you want to just start throwing those in the trash? lol

AMD has won nothing! Intel is on top per the gamming comunity, profesonal comunity, and the corperate comunity.

Folding is better on Intel, I can vouch for that!

MaxPC mag has even stated the top Intel chip wins more tests than the top AMD chip.

Stompfest Bench mark winner was an INTEL, in a room full of AMD fans (400 gamers), and even AMD reps nothing came close!... 24k in 3dmark2001! runner up was 20k, AND IT WAS AN INTEL! YES, the argument broke that the bench test were geared for INTEL, so the dude offered to run any bench software... none came to the surface.

SO AMD is a close second!

(Why is it the minority speaks louder than the majority? Not to long ago MAC was all that! and before the IBM CYRIX was all that... And let's not forget the old AS400 beast.)

AMD has won nothing! Intel is on top per the gamming comunity, profesonal comunity, and the corperate comunity.

Folding is better on Intel, I can vouch for that!

MaxPC mag has even stated the top Intel chip wins more tests than the top AMD chip.

Stompfest Bench mark winner was an INTEL, in a room full of AMD fans (400 gamers), and even AMD reps nothing came close!... 24k in 3dmark2001! runner up was 20k, AND IT WAS AN INTEL! YES, the argument broke that the bench test were geared for INTEL, so the dude offered to run any bench software... none came to the surface.

SO AMD is a close second!

(Why is it the minority speaks louder than the majority? Not to long ago MAC was all that! and before the IBM CYRIX was all that... And let's not forget the old AS400 beast.)

i dunno what benches you've seen, but fx53 smacks everything.

but regardless, imo, the TOP performer doesn't mean much. At the same price, AMD always wins....that's the key right there.