A Little Idea For A Spoof Program I Had

Tell me what you think. Please feel free to modify the code. Thankyou

/*Program to fool people into thinking that you're erasing their hard drive, or something to that effect. Have fun with it.*/

#include <iostream>

using namespace std; //request your I/O functions

int main() //we all know what this does... I hope at least
 char (y); //in there for answer prompt, which I'm too bored and lazy to figure out
 int (amountFiles) 0 //little cout thing for showing the amount of "files" being deleted
 int 
//some text that shows up on the screen, for you non-C/++ programmers:

cout << "/tHave junk on your hard drive that you want to get rid of, but can't?/n"
  cout << "/tAre you tired of spam, pop-ups, etc?/n"
  cout << "/tThen this program will help. The OCC Deletar 3000 uses advanced artificial /n"
  cout << "intelligence that will detect and delete unwanted files. We can't go into the details though, sorry./n"
  cout << "The program will now continue."

for (amountFiles = 0; amountFiles < 36903; i++;) cout << "Amount of files deleted: " amountFiles

No, it's not complete yet. I was hoping you guys would participate in this group project, modifying code, adding code, etc.

dude, you got even more free time on your hands than me, and that's cos i got fired... and have been unemployed for like 3 weeks...

btw, your code has a few major mistakes...

#include <iostream>

using namespace std; //request your I/O functions

int main() 
{             // you'll be needing one of these
 char y; // why the brackets?
 int amountFiles; // brackets, zero?, semicolon

cout << "/tHave junk on your hard drive that you want to get rid of, but can't?/n"
 cout << "/tAre you tired of spam, pop-ups, etc?/n"
 cout << "/tThen this program will help. The OCC Deletar 3000 uses advanced artificial /n"
 cout << "intelligence that will detect and delete unwanted files. We can't go into the details though, sorry./n"
 cout << "The program will now continue."

for (amountFiles = 0; amountFiles < 36903; i++;) {
   cout << "Amount of files deleted: " amountFiles
    // need some sort of time-based pause here otherwise this will
    // finish in like 0.2 seconds...
 } // end braces for - only cos i added a pseudo pause
} // end braces main

sorry, but I don't really see the point of this. There's already "prank programs" that will emulate the erasing of a harddisk and/or do other things as well. i think the best prank program i ever encountered was one that changed all your keystrokes to say "i am gay" over and over again, not matter what you typed. The only way to return to normal was to type "S-T-O-P", but of course it wouldn't appear like that when typing, and nowhere did it tell you that this command existed, so the program would cause people to go insane. I remember sending it to my friend via AIM many years ago, and he got so flustered that before I could even tell him how to stop it, he signs off and restarted his computer. lol. he was pissed.

:lol: that IS the best prank program... either that, or the one where the whole screen fills up with "I AM GAY!!" in bright flashing colours, and the PC speaker starts beeping like crazy... hahahaha... especially funny at work or computer clusters at uni...

I don't think that for loop will work, infact, it will be an infinite loop, or is that what you want? It will be an infinite loop because nowhere is amountFiles being increased. Try this ' for (int i = 0; i < 36903; i++) '

couldnt you change the for loop code a bit so it would just infinitely loop and count? also, i should be amountFiles for the loop to work correctly.

and what's the point of this neways?

:P

edit: ehhh dasterdly u beat me

use a while loop and put like while(i!=0) and start the loop at 1 instead and it will infinitely loop and just frustrate the person.

I'm still learning how to program in C++. Made the mistake of getting C++ For Dummies as my first C++ book... since when is stdio.h a C++ header as well as a C header? And why do all the programs in the book have a bunch of arguments at the beginning?

Anyway, I'm using C++ in Easy Steps(good book, btw) now. It's alot better then the For Dummies one.

You know where I can get that program clay? :lol: Theres a few people I need revenge on at the next LAN party... B)

LOL! no, i'm pretty sure i deleted it (and if i didn't, i dunno where it is) because Norton would keep on identifying it as a virus since technically it is (it messes with your keyboard) and that was getting annoying. BTW, this was also my freshman year of college....meaning 5 years ago...who knows if it's still floating around or not.