Switching To Amd

airman

is it really that slow? wow i didn't know that hmm...lemme try and close one and see if it makes a difference.

it's down to 5 min a step, when i'm browsing, talking to friends and such.

i'll let you all know in the morning how fast a step it goes.

Edited by aiRman

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

is it really that slow? wow i didn't know that hmm...lemme try and close one and see if it makes a difference.

it's down to 5 min a step, when i'm browsing, talking to friends and such.

i'll let you all know in the morning how fast a step it goes.

No its not that slow, He is comparing his "single instance" to both of yours.

You need to run two instances on H.T., or you can disable H.T.

Basically if you disabled H.T. and ran one instance against his, his would be left in the dust. ;)

I forgot what you were selling...

:withstupid:

2.4c w/ mobo $230? Shipping?

and you want to buy a AMD Proc and mobo for ~250?

actually, it ends up to be $262. that's with an MSI K8TM-ILSR and an amd 64 2800+.

you wanna buy it ;)

$230 includes shipping.

actually, it ends up to be $262. that's with an MSI K8TM-ILSR and an amd 64 2800+.

you wanna buy it ;)

$230 includes shipping.

Don't bother with that board. The Chaintech board you posted earlier is much better

you wanna buy it ;)

$230 includes shipping.

Ya knwo i would love a 2.4c (depending on how it OC's ) I may even couls round up an extra 230 somewhere but sence i'd need a PSU and new GPU, some ram and another HDD I Don't think i could get all that together... :-( sorry

ok then....so with the chaintech motherboard it ends up being $261 and i get a pci/agp lock.

also...btw. have you guys seen this AMAZING DEAL YET? You can get an Amd 64 3200+, And Asus Motherboard, and far cry for only $192. it goes thru amd, and people haev already ordered them.

to get there...go here:

https://marketbuilder.amd.com/login.do

register. it works a lot better if you deal with a company, but it DOES allow you to specify that you are an enthusiast, and you want to keep up to date.

btw...i've gotten my 2.4c up to 3.2 stable...but it ran a little hot. it's at 3.14 now (see siggy)

Edited by aiRman

dude....an amd 3200+ alone is $282. just look at the difference. frankly...if i can get all that for $100 less than what someone would pay for a PROCESSOR....i don't really care what mobo i get...and it's an asus which is good anyways. only drawback is...no agp/pci lock. but i don't plan on overclocking because the new chips amd is puttin out has somethin on there, so if that you overclock they will know, and if you try to RMA it, they'll reject it.