Switching To Amd

airman

ok, i've got a question.

if i sell my Intel Pentium 4 2.4c (that can hit 3.2) and my MSI 865G Neo2 motherboard, how much can i get out of that, and what do you recommend for a mobo and i'll probably go with a 2500+ Mobile...and a good heatsink, but i really don't know much about AMD motherboards. in the past, i had a Jetway, and a Gigabyte K7 Triton (kt600 chipset <_< )

soo...what motherboard do you recommend in a trade for this?

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I always suggest the MSI K7N2 Delta board. it has been a great board for me. Also, if you are wanting to sell your P4 and MSI Neo board I am interested. How much are you going to want for it? I'm not really that interested in the P4 2.4c but I am very interested in the MSI board, but for a good price i'd take both off your hands.

Well, for cooling, a sp-97 and a 92mm fan would suffice. As for a board, I like mine, but it won't hit the 240fsb that the DFI Lanparty 2 (?) can hit. I have the ASUS a7n8x-e deluxe. I have had no problems with it. Basically any nforce 2 400 chipset with soundstorm for onboard audio would be perfect.

right, i just kind of looked into an athlon 64. which chipset is good for the money? i'm not looking to put any more than about $30-$40 after i sell my current parts.

i could get an amd 2800+ 64 for like $173, and a CHAINTECH VNF3-250 for about $88. i dunno much about chaintech though, how are they?

also...the k8t800 chipset is cheaper, but has via changed the AGP/PCI lock?

I always suggest the MSI K7N2 Delta board. it has been a great board for me.

nerm, meant to ask you this before, are all your rigs using the k7n2 delta mobo? i'm pretty sure my cpu is the limiting force in my rig and just wondered what an xp-m would be saying if it was to be let loose on my mobo...

Guest FxXP
Im pretty sure only the K8T800 Pro and NForce 250 are the only chipsets with a working PCI/AGP lock.

The SiS 755 has it as well.

I'm not really that interested in the P4 2.4c but I am very interested in the MSI board, but for a good price i'd take both off your hands.

i dunoo...prolly about $90 or so, because i've only had it for a few weeks now, i've got all the parts/cables/cds/manuals/box

i can't really just sell the motherboard until i can find someone to buy the processor as well...all my other computers aren't quite working at the moment :)

so, i'm kind of stuck with selling it in a combo. at the least, i'll sell both proc/mobo for $230

what do you guys this about this mobo:

http://www.newegg.com/app/ViewProductDesc....-128-203&depa=0

and this processor:

http://www.newegg.com/app/viewProductDesc....ufactory=BROWSE

also...what does the fsb "Integrated into Chip" mean?

Edited by aiRman

i got the athlon 64 2800 and with the msi k8t neo fis2r mother board i got my chip tp 222 fsb thats 2 ghz up from 1.8 :D i didnt do any stress testing but it booted fine and surfed fine. how ever i put it back down to stock for now couse i dont feel like testing it for 8 hours with sandra right now.the only drawback is this mb dosnt have agp/pci lock :( but i would suggest one of the n force 3 mb i believe they got pci/agp lock.